Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 74 Toyota Hilux 4x4

the 6 bolts are not out yet...I really don't think you will need those. Just find a mini truck front axle and rape it from the knuckles out. Depending on what its geared at, probably 4:11, you can keep the r&p and wait to break it...kinda fun. Rear axle it alright. You can always get cromos for it. Put a good anti-wrap bar to keep the pinion in one piece.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

dont do it

why do you say don't do it? I am going to look at it next week, get more specifics and do some more research. Right now it looks like a good deal though
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

id just be prepared to replace and rebuild everything... and most stuff your gonna want to "upgrade" its not like driving a 2000 tj. its a old ass toyota... like i drive, but yours is 10 years older and has an even smaller motor and parts that are "unique/rare"
    i dont know what your plans are but unless its in bad ass shape or you just love the uglyness or have like an 85 drive train to bolt the body too... just seems like a money pit

yeah, I am prepared for that, I know its not brand new... Its purpose will be different than my jeep right now. More of a slower ongoing project that doesn't have to get me to work everyday
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

gotcha