I am looking for a good trail rig that is still gonna be able to do a little blacktop drivin. I dont care if it is legal, as we live in the middle of nowhere and the fuzz are lookin for little belly dragin cars, not trucks. I started out wanting a good mud truck, so I might be a little hard to convince at times that "the air up there" is not always as sweet. I went out to Katemcy and loved it. I would have never thought the trails was where it's at, but it beats throwin a rod in the mud. Now, why keep the chevy? Call me whatever you want, but there are already plenty of jeeps, and I want to stay domestic. Plus, the truck already has plenty of room (i.e. more room for my beer belly). Not couning rims and tires (which I figure will run $3k for what I want), I am looking at a budget of around 6 to 8k on the suspension, maybe more if the axles are more than what I think. I am currently workin overseas, so me wrenchin on this thing is almost out of the question. I do have facilities (moms carport), but no one there to do the work. I can do any type of welding and such, this is not a problem, but getting there to do it is. I have no regrets about loosing plenty of sheet metal. I would like to keep the bed intact ( I have kind of grown fond of the old stepside look), but if the fenders have to go, so be it. The doubler will sure be a "must have".