Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast from da Middle East

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Ok, here are the pics of the axles. The front springs measure 48" and the rear are 52".
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

As I suspected, the front is a 10 bolt and the rear is a 14 bolt full floater. The 14 bolt is as good as its going to get for the rear but a D60 would not be a bad idea for the front.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Good detective work, super sleuth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

See if these help anyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    'Cause if she don't,

Ok, so here's what I have gathered so far.

Move my rear 52" leaves to the front, find some 56"s for the rear w/ a shackle flip. I can get a rebuilt d60 for $3200 (best price so far, not through searching). The gears will prolly be 5.13s with detroits front and rear. This gearing will put me about 2600 rpms at 65, I just have to figure out what to do for a transfer case. Atlas has their new 4 spd w/ ratios of (2.0:1, 2.72:1, & 5.44:1) or (2.72:1, 3.8:1, & 10.34:1) with a 1:1 in high. I wanted to go with this one for the ease of setup (not having to build a doubler), but they don't have one that will mate to my 10 spline 465. But, this would be a good time to replace the old tranny with a new one w/ a hydraulic clutch. Hummer rims w/ the 44" boggers. Prolly a hydro-assist steering setup with an big automatic tranny cooler to cool it off and act as an extra resivoir (there is plenty of room in the chevy between the fan and radiator). I will be leaving the bench seat in it, till I can build a set of aluminum seats and will have our local upholsterer throw some padding on them and cover em up.
    'Cause if she don't,

Came across an interesting suspension set up. Its an Airock system. Anybody heard of it. Is there any others like it.
    'Cause if she don't,

Looks like it's designed more to replace the coil springs in a stock or RE-lifted TJ, you'd be designing a link suspension from the ground up and would be better off with coilovers or air shocks if you wanted some bling.
    your previous post looks like a good plan. Leaf springs will take much less time and be easier to get working right as compared to a link setup. Keep searching on the 60, that sounds like what you should expect to pay for a fairly built one.
    Hummer rims good idea, maybe see what kind of wheel/tire combos you can find cheap
    Replacing tranny based on output and hydraulic clutch, maybe not? 465 has removable bellhousing right? And can you not upgrade the output shaft? Also look into the STAK transfer cases. They make a 2-speed that's supposed to be a pretty economical alternative to the Atlas.
    No clue on the hydro assist, check out the experiences Frick and the other fullsize guys have had with theirs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

go to the toy section of pirate and look up a build by 4mogger. I'm pretty sure he had a shop modify a airock system to use on his 4runner. I haven't looked at the thread in a while, but I don't think it worked out like he hoped. I would stick to leaf springs if I were you. Simple and effective.

nevermind re read post
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

No one makes airshocks big enough for a fullsize that I know of. I think fabtec just came out with a monster 4" diameter coilover though. I would just stick with leafsprings for now for simplicities sake.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

True Hollywood Stry
    ed since you got a less time than most of us and a little more skrilla than most of us, why dont you just by a dynatrac 60 that you can customize how you want it and they do all the work for you, and all you do is bolt it in and go play, minus getting a new front driveshaft?
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I have looked at that, but they want nearly $5500 for one not including shipping. That seems like alot of dough to drop on one. They are nice and shiny when you get it though.
    'Cause if she don't,

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah you pay a premium when you buy there stuff, i couldnt see forking over the dough for one cause i cant see my time being worth more than money in my book in the near future, but this may now be your case. but if you figure how much a 60 is prolly gonna cost you its not to bad, lets say 800-1000 for a 60, then a 200 to rebuild some small parts, then 500-800 for a detroit or arb, 200 for gears plus another could hundred to get them installed, then a good set of shafts and ctms, prolly another 1000-1500. and lets say another 300 for steering. yeahs its alot cheaper by a couple grand to do it this way its just wether you wanna fawk with it.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

and one of the 2 fat guys broke his snazzy dynatrac 60 at katemcy last year! I think it was only a shaft though.
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

good, that dude told me id never get the LT1 running. kiss my ass fatso it was long haulin' within two weeks. 2 fat guys sucks. although he did haul my engine for cheap.