Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Beast from da Middle East

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Thats kind of what I thought, guess thats why no one puts one in in a build up.

Me and Mr. Jaeger had a disagreement once...

It didn't end well for me....
    Ill stick to my crown and budlite
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

700's have a lower first gear... They can survive if built right (not a raptor). I went from a 700R4 to a 465. It's all personal preference and people can debate until my buggy gets done and never come to a conclusion. For comps it seems auto's are the way to go. I personally prefer stick.

One advantage manuals have is their dumb simplicity.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    I've heard alot of good ideas in my life, but I dont think any of them started out "So I'll put in a 700R4" or "Then I'll drink some Jaeger"

i like mine and have had no trouble with it, just the flexplate getting bent and chewing up the tc bearings, but thats my fault for not checking the flexplate before putting it back together.

I would put a TH400 in. Yes 700R4's can be built to handle more power and last longer, but you pay for it. How much street driving will you actually be doing with this truck? I would assume not much so I wouldnt worry about the overdrive. I've been tossing around the idea of swapping a manual in my trail rig but I'll probably just stick with auto's (I have a th400). When you are out wheeling working the clutch is just one more thing to think about.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    When you are out wheeling working the clutch is just one more thing to think about.
    Do you think about working the clutch on the street? If you're just learning yes, but after a while it becomes second nature. Ever drive a stick car for a long peroid of time, then get into an automatic and get scared when your left foot doesn't find the clutch?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

This is true. Amanda's truck is a stick and I drive it almost every day but all the ones I've ever owned have been autos. Over on CK5 most guys like wheelin 6.2's and 454s with manuals but not 350's, they say they kill them too much.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

they need to learn how to heel-toe...
    I freakin love driving a standard off-road, especially because most of the time when you get scared all you have to do to get safe is push in the clutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    they need to learn how to heel-toe...
    I freakin love driving a standard off-road, especially because most of the time when you get scared all you have to do to get safe is push in the clutch

thats true, but then again you couldnt do half of what you do without the infinite gearing of the slipping clutch.

I found a doubler set up, just wondering if it was worth the grand they want for it.
    'Cause if she don't,

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    I found a doubler set up, just wondering if it was worth the grand they want for it.
    you'd have to change out the input shaft and possibly the adapter. Also, what side drop is the 205? Have you decided on a tranny?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Yea that's for a dodge or jeep.

I have another problem, my brother went to dallas to pick-up hummer rims, and the ****ing idiot took the old tires off, and didn't put the internal beadlock back in. Is this going to be a problem, or am I just freakin out for nothin. The gas up there, food for my brother and his buddy, and the rims. Good lord almighty, I am about to blow a top here. I found them on an ebay add for 120 bucks for 4 rims and tires (tires were at 25% tread, so basicaly no good) so my brother told him he could keep the tires if he wanted to break them down. He did, and kept the runflat. Maybe this is ablessing, but I feel like taking an LWOP (leave without pay) to go put a beat down on this a-hole.
    'Cause if she don't,

most people use pvc pipe in place of them any how

freakin out for nothing. Get PVC inserts and you're a step ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I am still pissed off that the guy jood me out of them, and it dont help it would take 20 hours in a plane cramped up with someones cryin baby and some old dood droolin on me to lay the smack down. I would just pull the trust 7mag out and get it over with. Ok, blood pressure going back to normal, ...... funny, i have never seen that tint of green on my hands before. How come my britches are ripped at the knees and my shirt all in shreds. And whats that giant hole in my wall.....

Ok, now onto the tranny delima....

how do you tell one from the other, is there a difference in the atoms apple or mustache....

oops, that got way wrong real quick.

I have a line on a th400, but guess I should post up in the wanted section for a 400. Anybody got one in good shape they want to get rid of. Ill take the transfer too if ya dont want to seperate it. You cant ever have enough transfer cases sitting around. I will start searching for the pvc inserts, i had heard of this, but didn't know how hard they are to get ahold of.
    'Cause if she don't,