Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Big Blue TJ

I updated the first post so it would include my plans. We'll see how long this pile takes now that I've started tracking progress.

Dammit... Almost six months since the last update.

More parts collecting has been done. Waiting to move all my chit up north so I can get to work on it.

Tire for sale.

I guess I get to figure out how to get these wheels apart the hard way.

I plan to clean the outer wheel rings up really well and I'll paint them silver hammerite. The wheels will get a quick cleaning and a coat of black hammerite. I though about going with pink, but I think I'll steer clear of the Barbie Jeep look this time around.
    Last edited by bburris; 08-14-2006 at 10:37 PM.

Nice new winch.

If you are taking those wheels apart by hand I would like to offer up a bigass HAHAHAHA at your expense. I got 4 nuts almost off one wheel before saying **** that so I took 3 sets of tires and wheels home with me so I could use my impact. Hey if you want me to haul some stuff to CS for you, I will be returning back up there with some trailer space. That way, you dont have to drive all the way back down to CC to get it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Yes, that's why I'm working on finding a job for now instead of hopping right in to grad school.
    Oh yeah... This idea went out the window. Classes start on the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    If you are taking those wheels apart by hand I would like to offer up a bigass HAHAHAHA at your expense. I got 4 nuts almost off one wheel before saying **** that so I took 3 sets of tires and wheels home with me so I could use my impact. Hey if you want me to haul some stuff to CS for you, I will be returning back up there with some trailer space. That way, you dont have to drive all the way back down to CC to get it.
    1st point: I guess fat kid strength has some positive aspects.

2nd: I wish you could get in to my storage unit. As it stands, I'll be going down to get all the stuff out of storage and then I'll have to head back down to get the Jeep another weekend.

Well I'll be around Corpus and Port A this weekend so if you wanna load me up with **** just give me a call and I'll just keep it at my shop till I go back to CS in a couple weeks.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I can haul some stuff back up to dallas next weekend
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Forgot about these pictures as well. Made sure it was still there, now I just need to make arrangements to go pick it up. Also included the obligatory flat tire picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

See Jimmy, I told you I had a picture of the flat tire.

Need to start updating progress here. I'm going to work on getting the disc setup going on the 14b this weekend. The D30 also needs to leave its home so that might happen too. I don't know how things are going to get setup on the D60 just yet, but when have I ever planned things out the right way?

The 454 now lives in Louisiana with Andy's buddy - it wasn't doing any good in my garage so now I have a couple of options. I can pick this up from my buddy Blake, or I can be boring and get a newer GM motor. Everything else is still laying around, so I just need to start working and maybe it can roll around on the preferred axles soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bburris View Post
    I can pick this up from my buddy Blake,
    He must have fawked it up b/c 500 cube caddy's were rated at 550 ft/lbs tq Stock...not the 500 ft/ lbs he's advertising.

I have owned a 472 (which made 525 ft/ lbs) caddy before...it layed white smoke rubber for exactly one block when you got on it.

Buy Blake's motor.

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by bburris on 3/23/2006 View Post
    We'll see how long this pile takes now that I've started tracking progress.

i vote caddy motor
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

i vote light, fuel injected, and modern.