Thread: Project: Big Blue TJ

Threaded View

Project: Big Blue TJ

I guess I'll start a thread now. I need to get a better name going but it's late and I've been drinking.

Someone asked for the specs, so I figured I'd edit so the plans would be here at the top.

Plans are to swap in a TBI 454 and NP205 from a 1991 Chevy truck. I found an NV4500 in a '92-ish Chevy 3/4 ton truck a while back, so that will be mounted between the 454 and NP205. The D60 and 14 bolt came from the same '91 truck as the motor and transfer case. One axle is under the Jeep and waiting for disc brakes and a thorough cleaning, the other is being fitted with brackets for most of the current front suspension.

I had already stripped the Jeep of everything except the brake lines and clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. The brakes will be removed soon, as they are not manly enough for 4-wheel disc brakes. As it sits, the Jeep has a grill, hood and tub with two seats and a roll cage. The roll cage could use some more work, but should be fine for now. At the very least it will need a seatbelt bar for my new harnesses. I have a Centech GV-16 wiring harness to make all the electrical voodoo work and the stock TBI harness is still attached to everything on the motor. Motor mounts will be fabbed up once it is rolling on the "new" axles and then the motor/transmission/transfer case will be swapped in. I have until this time to decide whether or not I will use a doubler or wait and buy a Stak 3-speed case. Not sure how it would like a big block, though.
    Last edited by bburris; 03-23-2006 at 03:03 AM.