Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SAS: Towelie-Ban Truck

Thats what I was asking about. I've seen spacers b/w knuckle and arm, but never seen anyone just do it like this, I guess because it would only for for heims. I'm not sold on those arms. I'm not sure I like the idea of buying used arms, especially from a company that got out of the market and only deals with zukes now.

I think I'm going to try and get the tie rod, drag link, and maybe the heims, then go on and find some other arms, probably parts mike stuff.

Bought these last night...

Pretty good deal, and if I decide I don't want to go heims, the arms will just find their way back to eBay in the great circle of life

I think I might just go ahead and buy the chit from the other guy too. There hasnt been much other interest, so I think I can talk him down a little, and maybe get him to throw in his old brake stuff too, so that'd be one less thing. Just not sure on his link lengths. I called parts mike yesterday and he told me way completely different numbers for his links, yet this stuff is comming off the exact same setup (waggy 44, taco frame, older ifs box). the only thing different I could think of, would be the pitman arm lengths?
    Last edited by JeepPhisherman; 03-29-2006 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    I called parts mike yesterday and he told me way completely different numbers for his links, yet this stuff is comming off the exact same setup (waggy 44, taco frame, older ifs box). the only thing different I could think of, would be the pitman arm lengths?

this happened to me too. i was getting totally different numbers than the supplier with the same set-up was giving me. i just went with my measurements and it worked out perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    this happened to me too. i was getting totally different numbers than the supplier with the same set-up was giving me. i just went with my measurements and it worked out perfectly.

Only problem is, I don't have anything to mock up right now to get measurements off of and I'm trying to buy this used ****. I guess, worst case, I could cut his stuff down since it seems to be way longer than what Parts Mike is telling me.

what is "way longer?"
    do you have any reason not to believe the guy? Pitman arm shouldn't effect DL length more than a few CHs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

what his are
    dl= 39.5"
    tr= 45"

what I've heard,
    dl= 28.5"
    tr= 39"

both are supposedly to end of DOM

Is $100 a decent price for some stock used shafts from a 44 with newish 760 joints?

True Hollywood Stry
    thats not to bad a deal
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

got a bunch of stuff at the office on friday, it was like xmas, i was all giddy and whatnot

I'll get pics when my camera gets back from sony, but I got:

crane diff cover (wanted the FF cover just to support them, but found this one for a bargain)
    steering shaft from a 91 toy truck, figure I can lengthen it to work with...
    toyota ifs steering box

and my new FROR transfer case crossmember should be here tues.
    I don't really need it now, but I found it on the cheap, and when i add in another case, i just need to make new frame mounts for it. it will also allow a semi flat belly skid

Next up, I need to order gears. But I haven't decided if I'm going to go with a front lunchbox locker and twin sticks, or just keep it open right now. I'm leaning towards twin sticks, but I'm not 100% percent right now. Just figured instead of throwing $50 at a new carrier, just toss a pay check and go for the locker.

Also, I think Feller has talked me into hydro assist, since he's going to port and tap my box for me . So, I need to find a ram and figure out all the extra chit for that, since I hadn't planned on any type of hydro with the 35's.

no, no, you misunderstood me. I said I would drink beer (which you are to supply) while yelling instructions at you

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    no, no, you misunderstood me. I said I would drink beer (which you are to supply) while yelling instructions at you
    it was worth a try!

I've been looking at rams all night, so we'll see. I might run out of things to do this summer before the swap in the fall, so I might add the assist just out of desperation for something to do, especially since I'm only taking 9 hrs this summer, instead of the planned 21.

what kind of rams have you been looking at? I also forgot to mention that with hydro assist you may want to add a larger reservoir, and maybe a cooler. I found a really good deal on the reservoir at speedway motors. I think it was 25 bucks, while most places wanted 50-80 dollars.

another thing to consider is you can tap and port the box, but you don't have to run hydro assist. Simply get some plugs for the holes, the when you're ready to add the ram you are ready, and it saves alot of work, and you may not even have to remove the box to add the hoses

That's what I was thinking last night.

Rams I've been looking at are the rock logic, psc, and rockstomper. Haven't found much else, but I'm sure they're out there. Looking for something 1.5" bore with an 8" stroke.

As far as a reservoir, I thought a cooler with some decent capacity would work, probably just a tranny cooler with some largish lines to make up for not having a reservoir, but we'll see.

you see, that was my same idea, but by using an inline filter. But it doesn't work, because the problem isn't the need of extra fluid, but for a place for it to go when the ram cycles

As for the ram, have you thought about one from surplus center, or some place like that? I know they don't have heims, but you can have it drilled and tapped for a heim. Just an idea.