Thread: Electric fan harness opinion

True Hollywood Stry

Electric fan harness opinion

alright im gonna ditch the crappy electric fan harness and controller that i have because it is sheer crap and has been bastardized by the previous owner and me many times.

my main questions are what cutoff/turn on temps should i got with.most are either on at 185 and off at 170, or 200 on, and 185 off. in you alls opinion which would be better for texas driving and wheeling during all seasons summer included.Remember it is a big block.

i would not be opposed to going with another adjustable one, but definately dont want the crappy one i already have. so if you have one you like let me know, would like to also keep it below 70 bucks in total price if adjustable.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    IMO 185-on 170-off
    Thats about where I like my 350 to run, any hotter and it really starts working your oil hard and in the texas heat (esp. katemcy) its gonna get there quick just strollin around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I would go with the one that turns on at 170. 200 might work some of the time but if your romping on it and it turns on at 200, it might take too long to start cooling and let the motor get too hot. I have my fan wired so I manually can turn it on low, high, or off. If its on low I have to keep an eye on the temp gauge but if its on high I really don't have to worry about it unless I'm going down the highway on a hot day or flogging it.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.