Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 95 Land Rover

17 70.83%
  • 83 Wagoneer

7 29.17%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Waggy or Rover

Rover is a cool unique vehicle, Waggy is cool too.

In case you do decide on the Waggy, heres a good source for parts. www.bjsoffroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by 95discovery
    yea i thought about moving the axle back but figured that was much more work then flares, what all is involved with moving it back? just new coil and shock mounts, lengthen or move the 3-link back, longer driveshaft?
    If your moving it back just an inch or two you can use the stock upper spring mounts. You'll need new lower links and a lengthener for the upper A-Arm. all it does is set the upper ball joint at more of an offset. More than that and you'll have to fab upper and lower suspension arms along w/ upper spring mounts

www.rovertym.com

look around this sight for springs and suspension links...whatever you do do not by the spring retaining cones. They suck. All they are good for is to pump up your RTI score.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Each one is unique. You don't see many waggy's driving around, nor do you see an abundance of Rover's. Cost is going to be the main factor, how much are you wanting to spend on parts. The waggy will be much easier to find parts for and upgrade, but you'll be looking to drop some skrilla on the interior. Just choose which ever one you think you'll be more happy with.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

ive looked aroud on their site a few times but never saw the a-arm extension, looks pretty cool. I already have the 3" OME springs, are the rte springs any better? Also im not sure if i fully understand how that moves the axle back. If the upper spring mount isnt moved back wont it go back to the stock position when the tires are stuffed? Just seems a little wierd, but what do i know. One more thing, how far would the axle have to be moved back to fit 33's without having to cut into the door... if thats possible at all?

Shaggy
    well your name on here is just gonna be weird if you sell the disco... it is like if i cut my shaggy hair.... wait

user name doesnt really matter much

I voted rover -

while the waggy could be made into a cool dependable daily driver - i think the disco is better. rover is gonna be better on the highway. rover has no rust - i hate rust - also no rusty bolts. if its going to be a true daily driver then the rover can do that type wheelin
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I'm probably not a good person to listen to anyways, as I'm currently talking with a guy about buying his 1979 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by 95discovery
    ive looked aroud on their site a few times but never saw the a-arm extension, looks pretty cool. I already have the 3" OME springs, are the rte springs any better? Also Im not sure if i fully understand how that moves the axle back. If the upper spring mount isnt moved back wont it go back to the stock position when the tires are stuffed? Just seems a little wierd, but what do i know. One more thing, how far would the axle have to be moved back to fit 33's without having to cut into the door... if thats possible at all?
    their springs come in more rates and lengths. also you can get progressive or linear rates.
    if you lengthen the top mount and bottom arms, then the axle is moved back. the spring on coil sprung vehicles does not locate the axle. In fact, the only thing keeping the top of the spring in the perch is your shock length, or lack of it. It's not ideal, but it will work for that little bit of lengthening.
    Can you fit 33's? Depends on what width. If you get a tire that will clear the fender lip, then yes. You will have to trim the rear of the fender where it wraps underneath at the bottom. Also, if you already haven't, you will have to roll the lip on the body shell that outlines the curved part on the rear door opening (the door jam). It takes a big pair of good channel locks to do it. I run skinny 32" tires and they clear fine on my RR. If 33" tires don't clear, you can always lengthen the shock w/ a new shock mount and put in a taller bump stop to get more down travel (droop) and eliminate some of the up travel (stuff). This would make the ride worse though and probably cause some un-weighting of the tires IMO w/o a lot of other mods like longer links etc.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 04-05-2006 at 04:21 PM.

lots of rust means any attempt to make that ho nice will be futile. Do you drive a lot or a little? Are you ready to drive a POS for the next few years? If you think you are, I'll let you DD the ugly truck for a week or so and you can rethink whether you want to lose the option of driving a nice vehicle when you want to. I am 100% against anybody planning to do hard wheeling in their DD (ie anything you think you need 35s for). When you hit that point, get something small and tow it to the trails. *cough*sammy*cough*
    please don't trash your nice car
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

wow Eric, nobody told me not to wheel a DD hard, guess ill figure out sometime
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    yeah but you started ****ing yours up when you had 31's, so you are against the learning curve and dont count, or something like that.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007

search NEWB!

hmm, now im kinda getting the feeling to keep both, leave the rover as it is for a DD (maybe some 32" m/t's) and build the jeep as a trail vehicle so i dont have to worry about breaking stuff as much. The only thing is that i dont have a trailer and that could be a slight problem. too many damn decisions and not enough money. Or i guess i could just wheel the rover until i know what im doing then start building a bigger rig.
    Last edited by 95discovery; 04-06-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Just get something small and flat tow it behind the rover.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"