Thread: 5.0L codes

73bronco

5.0L codes

My trucks been idleing like crap lately so I did a code check on it and came up with KOEO 23 and CM 66 besides all the normal crap from not running emissions stuff. 23-TPS is pretty cheap so I'm going to just get a new one, but on CM 66 is that a big deal since its not showing up in the KOEO tests?

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by 73bronco
    My trucks been idleing like crap lately so I did a code check on it and came up with KOEO 23 and CM 66 besides all the normal crap from not running emissions stuff. 23-TPS is pretty cheap so I'm going to just get a new one, but on CM 66 is that a big deal since its not showing up in the KOEO tests?

Most of the time you can adjust the TPS.

www.Fordfuelinjection.com has a pretty good list of the codes

Just replace the TPS. I've had the same problem along with several other 5.0 people (mike, i don't know if you had that problem and adjusting it fixed it...). Mine idled bad and also would stay at higher rpm when I came to a stop light. I don't think mine was adjustable anyway (not without modification).
    BDR

73bronco
    just got done messing with it, one of the wires in the MAF connector was messed up.