Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: gas prices

gas prices

thought id start a thread on why are gas is going up because of our "new fuel" and what everyone things about it

states like nebraska have been using this crap for years

heres a couple articles

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12289938/
    http://www.ncga.com/ethanol/main/your_car.htm

I like ethanol.

I just wish I had invested in the companies that produce it last year when my bro told me to, now that GM is pushing its line of "yellow" vehicles and whatnot.

Seems like a viable alternative along as the demand can be met, which I'm not sure it could be, which would lead to us importing that as well.

We're gonna lose about 20% of our diesel supply in a few months, unless the government is bluffing. Refineries were required to spend about 75 million each to make the cleaner gasoline we run on now. It was gonna cost 125 million to make the ultra-low sulfer diesel that will be required soon, some refineries decided to just sell the diesel to mexico.

Oil prices going up 50% don't cause fuel prices to double. They were responsible for about 60 cents per gallon increase.

Diesel is going to go threw the roof once the refineries switch over to the cleaner burning stuff. And doesn't it have less lubrication properties than the current diesel? What is that going to do to motor life and injectors?
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

its going to mean that we are going to have to pour addatives to add the sulfur back to the diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

It shouldn't hurt most of the new diesels, they were built to run on the low sulfer. It will be worse on anyting made much before 94, when we were still burning the good stuff. The injector pump on my dodge is lubricated by diesel, but it'll probably be ok. Shouldn't hurt motor or injector life any.

I saw a fag driving a Prius today with a personalized plate that said "GRN MAN" I wanted to roll up to him and roll down my window and say, "Tha-anks!"
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

FYI, read that ExxonMobil is making an average of 29% profit on every stage that have a hand in, ie. drilling, pumping, shipping, refining, selling.

I'm slowly gaining motivation to work on the hippy truck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I bought a gas guzzling 70's American SUV to combat high gas prices.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

speaking of oil and gas.

you know that new show oil, sweat and rigs
    where they say all the companies got hurt and losing all this money so they had to raise prices.

the truth is even after paying off all those repairs and lost time... there quarterly report for that time showed record profits across the boards.

they are just giving us all the shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    It shouldn't hurt most of the new diesels, they were built to run on the low sulfer. It will be worse on anyting made much before 94, when we were still burning the good stuff. The injector pump on my dodge is lubricated by diesel, but it'll probably be ok. Shouldn't hurt motor or injector life any.
    Oh no poor pigpen!

And coop, I believe at this point it is the Spocker.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by J Cooper
    they are just giving us all the shocker.

its way past the shocker with all the money those ****s are making

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    after listening to limball today i feel a little better about the prices, due to the fact that if u think about it 25 years ago before most of us were around there was a crisis and gas was $1.70 , in todays terms that was close to $4.00 a gallon, so we arent that bad off. If its that big of a deal, walk. Ya it sucks that we have to pay $2.90/gal and the big oil companies are making big profits but there isnt a damn thing we can do about it.

And for the ethanol debit, that **** sucks. You have to have a new vehilce to run anything over E15 and it is only going to raise prices more do to the fact that all the ethanol has to be trucked to the refiners. Along with that alcohol absorbs more water the petroleum products so it will be even less effecent and the gas stations will have to make majopr changes costing us even more. All this just to make the greenies happy and get off the govs back
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

advantage gay civic!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.