Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: gas prices

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    good deal chadnutz....want a cookie?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

hey eric - i dont know where your fuel pump thread is so i am gonna just post this up here - i would buy that caddy from you but just dont have the driveway space, money, time, so on (insert whatever excuse you want) - i would like to see you keep it and drive it if i cant, they are pretty cheap to run. the head on yours is prob cracked - they get really small cracks in between the valves. you can get another one for 400ish. you will have to get a new head gasket obviously. It is not too much harder to do rings and rod bearings while you have the head off and then you can really run it for a while. My dad and I prob did heads on three of these motors, we had three rabbits, two trucks and two jettas over the years. all diesels. I might even be able to scrounge up a manual we have for them. I can help you out, just let me know.

ps - unless you go turbo - this is more of an around town car. they are slow, but get good mileage. i filled mine up once a month in high school - 12 or so gallons. i dont know what fuel economy was since the odo didnt work.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    good deal chadnutz....want a cookie?
    Sugar or peanut butter please.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    hey eric - i dont know where your fuel pump thread is so i am gonna just post this up here - i would buy that caddy from you but just dont have the driveway space, money, time, so on (insert whatever excuse you want) - i would like to see you keep it and drive it if i cant, they are pretty cheap to run. the head on yours is prob cracked - they get really small cracks in between the valves. you can get another one for 400ish. you will have to get a new head gasket obviously. It is not too much harder to do rings and rod bearings while you have the head off and then you can really run it for a while. My dad and I prob did heads on three of these motors, we had three rabbits, two trucks and two jettas over the years. all diesels. I might even be able to scrounge up a manual we have for them. I can help you out, just let me know.

ps - unless you go turbo - this is more of an around town car. they are slow, but get good mileage. i filled mine up once a month in high school - 12 or so gallons. i dont know what fuel economy was since the odo didnt work.
    Dang, I am not dropping $400 into it. I was just kidding about asking if you still wanted it though, I'm getting psyched to drive it. If it's really that ridiculously slow I'll probably ebay it though. Prices have gone up lately!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

hey, can I still get in on this? My old chevy had over 200k on it, and ran fine even after catching fire once. Now that I think of it, the taco is just about the only truck I've had that hasn't caught fire or accidently been set on fire at some point

200,000 on a chevy is nothing to write home about. On a ford though, you should call CNN, MSNBC and the History Channel.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    200,000 on a chevy is nothing to write home about. On a ford though, you should call CNN, MSNBC and the History Channel.
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I can attest to chevy's lasting a long time. My pop's 2001 3/4ton has over 250,000 on the odometer and is still going.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

227k on the drunk bus. all orginal parts

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

211k on the best 4x4xfar

Don't have time to read this entire thread as I have 3000 other posts to catch up on (literally), but I thought I would mention that every station here in brazil, even way out in the amazon, has regular gas, diesel, natural gas AND Ethanol. I just read an article on CNN that brazil heavily incented manufacturers to start supporting Ethanol so that the country would become a net-exporter of oil, instead of the reverse (like the US). They met this goal over two years ago and prices have been fairly stable since. They are not super cheap, but are significantly less than US prices.

Oh, and here's a pic of a natural gas running mini-pickup with an engine not much bigger than a weed whacker - caught it filling up at the station.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy