Thread: Krew Kab Klogger

Hybrid View

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    I got the axle under it today, there was a busted brake line I had to fix too. So now it is back to setting on 4 wheels. I still need to fill the diff with fluid and bleed the brakes.

We need pics

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Mike came in and help me this weekend. We got a lot done on the klog. I finished putting the 9" rear back in, it now has 3.55's instead of the 3.00's. Had to put some new brake lines on. I put new u-joints in too. Mike, The unofficial god of all things TTB, took apart the front axle. I finished the rear just in time to see him grinding the heads off the bolts that held the TTB differential in. The bolts were so rusted a socket would not grab them, I knew I should have bought a metrinch!
    One of the bolts we hammered a metric socket on and then used about 2 feet of extensions and a pipe to try to get loose. The result was the bolt snapping and the pipe flying back at Mike knocking him square in the eye. He went down faster than a girl in pharmeceutical sales. He laid on the ground for about 5 minutes in the fetal position, while I kept asking hm if he was ok. Luckily he still had another eye and was able to continue working. Seriously though there is a clear straight bruise on his face from where the pipe tagged him.
    Got the 3.55's in and discovered my front drive shaft sucks, it is all ragged out, so I will need a new one of those. We took it for a test drive and discovered the carb was jacked up from months of no use, so Mike called upon the Ford gods and we rebuilt it. It runs like a champ, it will spin the 38's if you power brake it enough.....
    We also removed the front bumper and started work on a box frame winch mount combo.
    Should be all ready for Clayton. I guess the Ford works in mysterious ways.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Oh, I would also like to add that surprisingly JB Weld was not used at all during the entire weekend.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    Mike came in and help me this weekend. We got a lot done on the klog. I finished putting the 9" rear back in, it now has 3.55's instead of the 3.00's. Had to put some new brake lines on. I put new u-joints in too. Mike, The unofficial god of all things TTB, took apart the front axle. I finished the rear just in time to see him grinding the heads off the bolts that held the TTB differential in. The bolts were so rusted a socket would not grab them, I knew I should have bought a metrinch!
    One of the bolts we hammered a metric socket on and then used about 2 feet of extensions and a pipe to try to get loose. The result was the bolt snapping and the pipe flying back at Mike knocking him square in the eye. He went down faster than a girl in pharmeceutical sales. He laid on the ground for about 5 minutes in the fetal position, while I kept asking hm if he was ok. Luckily he still had another eye and was able to continue working. Seriously though there is a clear straight bruise on his face from where the pipe tagged him.
    Got the 3.55's in and discovered my front drive shaft sucks, it is all ragged out, so I will need a new one of those. We took it for a test drive and discovered the carb was jacked up from months of no use, so Mike called upon the Ford gods and we rebuilt it. It runs like a champ, it will spin the 38's if you power brake it enough.....
    We also removed the front bumper and started work on a box frame winch mount combo.
    Should be all ready for Clayton. I guess the Ford works in mysterious ways.
    Good times where had. We need pics karl