Thread: Dana 44/XJ Parts

briguyXJ

Dana 44/XJ Parts

So, sadly enough, I'm getting rid of my XJ. Yes, after all the time I spent, lifting it, etc. So anyway, I now have some parts I don't need anymore. Don't worry, I'm moving on to a better vehicle ('68 Ford Bronco, Whoop!). Here's what I would like to get rid of. I'm giving y'all first pickins before I go onto ebay or something.

Dana 44 out of a Jeep Cherokee - this has been sand blasted and repainted the diff. cover has been repaired, but I also have a heavy duty Poison Spyder diff. cover that is available. I have the parts for the drum brakes, but I was in the middle of a disc brake conversion. I have disc brakes from a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Dana 35 rearend (backing plate, etc.) The backing plates have been machined to fit the Dana 44.

unused 4.56 gears and master install kit for a Dana 44 rearend and for a Dana 30.

unused XJ long arms and t-case support plate, they don't include the upper control arms

unused XJ gas tank skid plate

unused steering box support brace

unused, unpainted rocker panel skids from Protofab. This is a pretty neat design that has been out for a little over a month.

Shock conversion brackets (converts engine compartment shock mount from pin to bar style).

I don't have a digital camera, but if anyone wants to see pics, I could probably use my roommate's.

If you want something give me an offer and we'll go from there. (979) 739-8887. I'm currently in San Antonio, but I'm coming to College Station this weekend (in route to pick up my Bronco at Gilmer).
    Last edited by briguyXJ; 04-25-2006 at 07:58 PM.

73bronco
    got some pics of that 44 diff cover?

briguyXJ
    Here's the picture from the website.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

how much for the unused long arms?
    and the diff cover
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Ben97XJ
    Sent a PM

what brand gears are they?

steering box brace $????

dont have the cash until summer but Ill be in SA.
    Clayton Rollins '08
    210-863-1435
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 5.9
    1983 Waggy

if no one else takes the diff cover i might be interested - esp if it give support or more oil cap.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Got any stock controll arms?

briguyXJ
    Alright, the Dana 44 gears are Superior and the Dana 30 gears are Alloy (supposedly made on the same line as Superior). No stock control arms. The long arms are adjustable, and the plate they attach to has optional frame strengtheners (for those who have Cherokees). Below are some of the prices I feel are somewhat reasonable. I will be taking a pretty good loss on them anyway, but I'd like to get some of my cash back to put into my Bronco.

long arms/plate/frame strengtheners - $400 (that's a good $200+ loss for me) These are black (shown as orange in the picture). Remember, I don't have the upper control arms.

diff cover - $80

steering box brace - $40

shock conversion brackets - $10

gas tank skid - $140

For the gears, install kits, axle, and rocker skids you're going to have to make an offer. There are too many options as to what you want etc. I'll post some pics of the axle and rocker skids later tonight when I can borrow my roommate's camera.

briguyXJ
    Here are some more pictures. The axle is a little dusty, but in good condition. The rocker skids have light rust in some area, easily sanded.

briguyXJ
    I'm having an issue with file sizes, give me a minute.

briguyXJ
    Okay, this should work.