Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1980's jeep for sale $500

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    Man fights over jeeps, and toyoda's, i need to go find some cheap junk to sell on this board.
    yes, but don't post it. Just email them to me...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

so did anyone go look at this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

im goin tomorrow mornin.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    bastards, all I need to know is where to send the $500. That is a no-brainer.
    no joke!
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

well ladies and gentlemen, I beat you too it, however, it's yours for the taking. I used to have problems walking away from things like this, but better judgement has seen me through. I actually had a smile on my face when I rode off on the radian.

I recommend the road she lives on for motorcycles, it was a very fun twisty road. I forgot my sunglasses and sacrificed many nats. I put my face shield down after a stink bug hit my big honker nose. I've never stopped so fast to do a snot rocket!

On to the jeep. It sits behind her animal pens, and on the way you get to take a petting zoo hike. Geese, dogs, horses, other types of foul, etc...

There are multiple holes in the body. It would need a decent amount of sheetmetal replacement. Where the seams run along the body you can see rust bubbles coming through. The hood is solid rust, although no holes, there are small surface pits throughout. I think I counted 3 layers of floormats before I hit dirt. Under the hood actually looked decent. Not much under there... it's a 4 cylinder with a standard. The interior is exactly what you'd expect of something thats sat outside in the elements for 5+ years. All the tires are flat also. The thing that almost made me buy it was the sweet manual equalizer from the 80's.

So, absolutlely way too much work than I'd ever want to put in a car. Now to dispose of this $500 in my pocket!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

She told Will minimal rust. I guess she meant compared to the Titanic Haha
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209
    She told Will minimal rust. I guess she meant compared to the Titanic Haha
    she told me the same thing...

I was kinda thinking, wash it and fix the little stuff as I went... Maybe I'm exageratting, but then again, if I didn't feel it was that bad it would be in my driveway tommorow.

I don't think she's meaning to mislead anyone, she seems very attatched too it and I think that is skewing her perception of it. She kept hinting to me that i should buy it and fix it up and then sell it back to her.

I really only think this would be worth it for a trail vehicle. I'd imagine it would look 10 times better with some rustoleum on it. You could pimp it down the trail and watch rust sections fall off. Ok well maybe not that bad...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

One of the original body panels on my jeep got ripped off by a little mesquite tree. I found that once you get a plasma cutter started, it can cut rusty metal very well. I wonder if it could be worse than mine. Where's the pics dammit?

Shaggy
    yours was damn bad... and all i saw was pictures... i am sure it was worse than it looked