Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln SP-175Plus

Probably wont have anywhere to plug it in. Only 240 is in the laundry room and those things are wedged in there tighter than robbies ass when he's around krebs.

I guess I'll just check it out and try to talk him down. I have no idea what it's worth other than new they cost the $1K.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I got my Miller 175 from one of my dad's good friend's over a year ago and it's worked great, paid about $375 for it. It's well over 5 yr's. old or so and has been rebuilt several times but it still welds good, there's nothing wrong with buying a used one, just check it out.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    those things are wedged in there tighter than robbies ass when he's around krebs.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

check the cigarette lighter, if it has ash on it, it's been smoked in...right Karl?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

how many cupholders does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

$580 "*NEW*" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINCOLN-SP-135-P...QQcmdZViewItem

maybe there is something in the fine print im not seeing

nevermind thats a 135 im dumb

$765 for the 175 "*NEW*"
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Yea, I was just looking at those. Don't know if I shoud just pony up for a new unit and get the 3 year warranty, since I'm liable to **** something up on it.
    I left the guy a message with an offer of 400, if he calls back, I'll check it out this weekend. I dont think I even really NEED a welder, but I have some $$ and I like buying stuff

then buy some chit for the garage and lets put it to use. we need to buy a torch now, hmmm. my turn

I've had a hobart for over 5 years now. Never had a problem with it until david O was using it Actually, it just need a new tip.

I know scott has a 135 miller and he's ran too many 10 pound spools through it to count.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

you'll never use it enough to know the difference between the brands. especially if you dont already have a preference. personally, i dont like the incremental amperage control on the hobart. i like the variable control on the miller, but if i were buying one for my personal use and found a deal on a hobart id jump on it and i grew up using millers and like them. you or i are never gonna use one enough around the house to wear it out. i have no opinion on the lincoln but would be happy to have one.

the regulator they come with is crap with oddball threads. other than that the welder is fine.

I paid 500 for mine too, so they might not hold their value.

My dad got one of the 300 amp lincoln ones for $300, but it had had almost a whole roll through it and was 3 years old. We've put about another 2 rolls through it. It works great for all our uses like building exhaust and truck accessories. But they won't use it on trailers and it's not practical for trusses.

I finally used my Lincoln Ranger 10000 and it seems to be good but loud, and I only welded about half a 6011 with it.

Shaggy
    I paid about 1500 for my hobart generator/welder... a little high but it is portable

Quote Originally Posted by eight

I finally used my Lincoln Ranger 10000 and it seems to be good but loud, and I only welded about half a 6011 with it.

is this the 360 powered one you built?

No that's the 2 year old gas powered one I got for $1000 with 1400 hrs on it. It's powered by a 20 hp kohler. It sits next to the big ugly metal brake with stuff stacked on it, but I start it every time I go home. I think about mounting it in the back of dodge so I look cool.