Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln SP-175Plus

Yes and 2 of those wires are the same color.

The drier is electric. So we can just tap into that and run another outlet off of it?
    I don't understand nor like electricity, so would there be any problems with running both the welder and the drier at the same time?

I'll pay for beer if you want to help out with it.

Also, do I need to get it inspected after it's installed?

cant run the at the same time as the circuit will not be heavy enough.

just make an extension cord and swap the pugs out when you need to weld. depending on how long you want the cord, it'll be around a hundred bucks. copper is expensive.

while we're on electricity, i just plugged in the iron and it makes the lights go dim in kopecki's trailer.

I think you're a little inspection happy, all you're doing is making a cord. Even if you were running wire, you're not putting on an addition just running some wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Ill do the wiring for ya, beer and food is considered payment

Is there a way to run it so that both can be used at the same time, besides running new wires all the way from the fuse box?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    Is there a way to run it so that both can be used at the same time, besides running new wires all the way from the fuse box?
    You can plug both the welder and the drier in at the same time. However, you can't run them both at the same time, as it would most likely blow the breaker.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

do you really do so much welding, or drying, for it to really matter?

where's the electrical panel? if it is in the garage and you have a spare breaker slot just add another breaker and add a junction box/outlet and some conduit and surface mount it on the wall. You can find stuff cheap if you look at loacal sales. I just scored a 42 breaker square D panel at the flea market for $35. They run around $200 new. This should take care of all my garage needs plus I will be set-up when I add a second floor garage apartment. A while back the local True Value was going out of business and my Dad bought all of his breakers for $2 a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    I just scored a 42 breaker square D panel at the flea market for $35. They run around $200 new. This should take care of all my garage needs plus I will be set-up when I add a second floor garage apartment. A while back the local True Value was going out of business and my Dad bought all of his breakers for $2 a piece.
    wow, shameless double plug, possibly triple!

garrett I'll sell you my lincoln 225 crackerjack box (with allpro and uglyfab stickers...better call it a 245 or 250) with a 40ft extension cord for $200. Can bring it up after thanksgiving
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

hmmm, i had already justified the expense in my head. damnit eric

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    wow, shameless double plug, possibly triple!

garrett I'll sell you my lincoln 225 crackerjack box (with allpro and uglyfab stickers...better call it a 245 or 250) with a 40ft extension cord for $200. Can bring it up after thanksgiving
    damn! I'll sell you mine for that and it is a lot newer than his. plus mine is a nascar edition! I didn't think they were worth that much!

One went on ebay last night that supposedly has only 2 sticks run through it for $120 in corpus

One went on ebay last night that supposedly has only 2 sticks run through it for $120 in corpus
    Eric's probably got $80 in the cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Eric's probably got $80 in the cord.
    Yep, forgot about that.

Just trying to decide which way to go. Had my mind made up until Eric had to go and ruin things. I've been reading **** all day about arc v. mig and I still haven't made up my mind. Maybe yall can help...

Haven't done much welding in my life, only some ****ing around at home on an arc, and entc 181 or whatever it is where we did arc/mig/tig/spot welding. I thought I did a better job laying down a nice bead on the arc, but that was on some 1/4" plate with nice 45* bevels. Everything I've read said to start on mig, as that will be easier to learn the pricipals and get a better bead. But, I've also read some saying that you should start with an arc, which will make welding with a mig easy later on in life.

So, any suggestions? If you don't know, I'm picking one up to help with the SAS, so I'm not borrowing equipment all the time, so I'll be welding my inner c's first, spring perches, shock mounts, shackle hangers, frame plating, sliders, bumpers, bed cage eventually, tcase mounts, welding table, little projects around the house, etc.