Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 99 f-250

he is right. 3-4K in twenties look alot better when you trying to make a sale than that amount in 100s. Its not till afterwards that you think damn thats a **** load of 20s and the guy is a homo for paying with them instead of 100s.

I personally like it when they pull out the wad of cash and try to give me a lower offer. At least I know we're not going to try to work out a deal, only for them to suddenly pull out a checkbook at the end, or say they'll be back tommorow with the cash. Yeah, they may be trying to lowball you, but more often then not, if they have a wad of cash in one pocket, they have most if not the rest of it in another pocket. They may try the "hey this is all I got, take it or leave it" trick on you, but if they are interested, and you play back, you'll get more money out of them in the end

Also, for the people who keep saying they can find big trucks like this for cheap, where do you find them? I'm seriously thinking about putting my truck up for sale after the end of this week, and buying something like a Ram 2500 or a F250/F350 to take its place. Something simple, like a single cab with a standard transmission, gas or diesel, doesn't matter, but I want a 4x4. I feel like something like this shouldn't be too expensive, and looking at the blue book values, I should be right, yet everything I find is way overpriced

I don't know where they think they find them cheap. Especially the ones that want this one to be diesel and 4x4 for this price. Those are pretty hard to find under 10K, and then usually beat.

20s are better for bargaining with when the thing is less than $500 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    I don't know where they think they find them cheap. Especially the ones that want this one to be diesel and 4x4 for this price.

they dont. they're just flashing their e-wang.

I got my crewcab for $2k below KBB at the begining of last summer, and it was from a little dealer in Tomball. Its in really good shape, though it does have fairly high mileage and needed a little work when I got it. I dont think diesels will be very cheap, but gassers that get ****ty mileage (like my crewcab) will probably be going fairly cheap these days.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"