Thread: Toyota EFI fuel pump ?

Toyota EFI fuel pump ?

where are the relays and all the related goodies like fuses etc. that one would need to check if the fuel pump is not working on a 1987 4runner?
    I'm looking at one right now to buy and I want to hear it run before I buy. The fuel pump no worky.
    Any susbstitute cheap ticks to fix the current one by changing just the motor on the pump?
    Any cheap sources for a new pump? The ones I have seen are over $100. Is that what they go for?

the charlie truck is wired up as a 87 4-runner.. there is a jumper wire under the hood i believe to check the fuel pump. put a piece of wire in there and it fires up.

find me a stock 83 toyota tank and some beer and ill pull my tank out and trade you.

i have a computer for a 87 runner also

is it in the fuse block on the pass fender? there was a block w/ some big fuses and a diagnostics port over there. can you describe it a little more to help me locate it?

no its on the drivers side, there are two little ports... just two wire the meet in a plug but nothing connected to them... stick a wired to close the circuit and the fuel pump should turn on...

one is the fuel pump and the other is for diagnostic shat... makes the check engine light flash in sequences

grayson, coops charlie truck had some goofy ass relay that controlled the a/c and the fuel pump. toyota schematics are horrible so you might just want to cut the loom open and look if its that important.

... oh ya the ****ing relay... i have an extra one on my desk as a reminder

there is a test terminal in the diganostic port its a little grey box with a lid open it on the inside there is diagram connect a jumper from terminal B to terminal FP
    junior burrell || 88 mj & 77 j-10->soon to be diesel & 79 amx & 68 javelin || amc rules !!!!!!!!