Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wiring

the zip ties? oh yeah, lots of them. We didn't solder much on airplanes really. We used connectors like David Oliver beats it to. If anything I just learned to be more anal that I was used to.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

that zip tie trick rocks! I also like throwing a zip tie around relays and connectors to make sure they don't wiggle loose.
    what's the gig with GM round relays? What did they come in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

If you want a BIG bus bar, look for one from a CUCV chevy military truck. They are ****ing huge and have two seperate circuits. One has three posts and the other has five. The one I mentioned before from the early 90's chevy should do you just fine though, and is MUCH smaller. The 90's one is about 1" x 5" long and the cucv one is about 6" tall by 12" long.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

did a little junkyardin Saturday and couldn't find any of the busbars you were talking about in the pre-88 chevy trucks, but just about every old body style Dodge has a nice junction bar on the passenger side inner fender
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Thats cause the ones I am talking about came in POST-88 trucks, the body style like my crewcab and your maroon truck. I dont know if the TBI motors had the bus bar but I know the vortecs did.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I guess that's what you meant by "early 90s" then...doh!

the new CRAWL has an article on wiring tech...pretty basic but still useful.
    oh and I ended up with double the stuff I ordered from Waytek (HD shrink tubing assortment and relay holders/pins), so if anyone needs some I gotum.

You ever find a bus bar? Turns out I have an extra one at 1224 but I'll be in Kingsville for the next two weeks.

Two weeks? Consider your axles gone
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    You ever find a bus bar? Turns out I have an extra one at 1224 but I'll be in Kingsville for the next two weeks.
    yeah I'll take it off your hands...add a couple more beers to whatever I already owe you