Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coop

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    that dude Fred...he knows everything that we don't even know the littlest about

He's like a car fact god. I fact I heard god called asking for some jeep parts and once god realized the wealth of knowledge that Fred knew he decided to ask him about paint and chevy engines and transmissions and all sorts of stuff that Fred knows all about.

Note: this is neither a mockery or a compliment just a true story
    I seem to remember you talking Fred's ear off asking questions about jeep **** in Clayton. I don't know why but this post hit a nerve. I had a ****ty morning, I need a beer. Ignore me.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    i agree w/ both of you Jimmy and Fredo. Its ok is your an internet ass if your cool in person.
    Same way as people with huge e-wangs have very small real ones
    wow....what crawled up your ass and punched you in the balls from inside?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    didn't really mean to be an ass in this post...I just think what they are doing is stupid and very ghetto.

i dont think fred meant it that way either. we just expect him to mean it like that.

i agree, its ghetto, but for offroad purposes it seems to be an effective, cheap alternative. with enough paint thickness (i.e.- coats) and lots of sandpaper, any application method can be made to look decent.

if i had a nice charger, would i use a roller and industrial paint to paint it? absolutely not. unless i were canadian, but thats a whole different story.

Who even as enough straight panels on their rig to use a roller? And its $50 plus your time in labor. Why not go to Maaco and get their $100 special and not get your dirt under your finger nails
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    Who even as enough straight panels on their rig to use a roller? And its $50 plus your time in labor. Why not go to Maaco and get their $100 special and not get your dirt under your finger nails

cause maaco charges extra for everything... like the prep work and such and it adds up to alot.

ill probably just paint it with my gun... i think thats easier then using a roller. single stage paint is cheap anyways.

basically it looks good for a 50 dollar job.

I think his roller would probably work, but you still need to know how to make it look good just like you would a gun and single stage or whatever. If you don't know how to wet sand and get it flat, it's going to look like **** no matter what you paint it with.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

i priced a paint job for the yota at maaco. i told them i wanted the cheapest that didnt look crappy and with prep work and all it was ~$800.

what you doin with that truck anyhow john?

I used to get my crew cabs painted pretty good, or good as factory, for $800-1000. I don't see why people think a cheap paint job must be done ****tily like with spray cans or other crap. Any cheap enamal sprayed decently through a cheap gun in lots of thin coats with 50% overlap will turn out much better. Dam that reminds me I want to paint jeep this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by william_ace
    what you doin with that truck anyhow john?

gonna DD it once i get the bugs worked out and the chevy sold. the starter is still intermittant. ive got to trouble shoot it some more.