Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1986 ttb problem

muddyjack

1986 ttb problem

Anybody got any tips on how to make the ttb on my Bronco track the best it can? Its running now and when I turn a corner on the street the inside front wheel toes in severely to where it is about rubbing sidewall to street. Its got the 6" skyjacker springs but I'm not sure if the track bar(radius arm) mounts are made for this spring. I am going to try replacing the bushings between the track bars(radius arms) and the the mounts and then tighten it all real good. Any help? Thanx
    Last edited by muddyjack; 06-03-2006 at 01:03 PM.

oh man....welcome to the club. Check everywhere for cracks or anything loose etc. this is the battle that sends so many on the SAS route.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Shaggy
    i had similar problems when i first lifted mine... i cant remember what it was though

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    you say you have 6" springs but do you have the 6" drop brackets for the radius arms and TTB frame mounts?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyjack
    Anybody got any tips on how to make the ttb on my Bronco track the best it can? Its running now and when I turn a corner on the street the inside front wheel toes in severely to where it is about rubbing sidewall to street. Its got the 6" skyjacker springs but I'm not sure if the track bar(radius arm) mounts are made for this spring. I am going to try replacing the bushings between the track bars(radius arms) and the the mounts and then tighten it all real good. Any help? Thanx

Since I am the self proclaimed TTB master ASE Tech I got a few questions for yeah.

Do you have the the right drop down brackets for the TTB arms? These are the brackets under the engine. The radius arms drop downs only really adjust the camber of the axle. That would not cause your problem to happen.
    Also the TTB does some really weird crap sometime.

the lift he has is tates old lift, jordans old bronco.

I almost got killed by a radius arm drop bracket helping Will tear that parts bronco apart. It seriously almost knocked me out. **** TTB.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

hahaha yeah that was a pretty big bump on your head.

lowballing someone
    it is sitting at my house right now, if someone has spare time and can come over to villa maria and texas they can see for themselves i'm not sure how much a pic will do but i can get one in the morning once it is light if yall want
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Shaggy
    the brackets are all right... it is my old kit

muddyjack
    Thanks for that thread Robert, I didn't know there was a build up on here. The suspension is the same way that Jordan left it. The thing just needed a new engine(351), matching computer, and about 7 lbs of deer corn released from the exhaust. This front end stuff is the only thing that is holding me back from being set. Is it the radius arms or does it need lower radius arm mounts or something? Can anybody (who knows anything) advise me or meet me at Colman's to figure this out. Jordan, are there any tricks? Don't worry, I'm not mad at you, you can answer my calls.

muddyjack
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    the brackets are all right... it is my old kit
    ok I was wondering about those. The front is lacking shocks which probably doesn't help. I have some bilsteins waiting for it(thanx Will) but the coils hit the front dual shock. Is the lift not compatible with dual shocks?

Shaggy
    it is compatible... dont know why they hit

How the hell did corn get in the exhaust?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"