Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help

BigRedFord04

Need Help

I'm actually just lookin' for general ideas on what could be wrong w/ my truck. After i got back here from Llano it was running like total sh¡t. Ran kinda rough on the drive from Austin. Now, it has absolutely no power, really really rough idle that is lower than normal. Slight backfire I can hear thru a small exhaust leak. It doesnt really improve as the RPMs get higher. After tonite, i can hear a slight high pitched popping coming from the general area of the passenger side bottom of the motor. I've replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, O2 sensor, fuel filter and added Berryman's to both tanks because I thought it could be bad gas. None of the above has helped much. timing isnt adjustable, set by the computer. i'm trying to do as much as i can on warranty items so the next things are wires and coil, but those are kinda last resorts. After that is bad injectors and other expensive stuff. Does anyone have any clue? Is there anyone who will be on campus tomorrow that could take a listen and maybe suggest something? I'm free before 9, 11-1230, and 3-430, then after 630...please help, i'm running out of ideas.
    512.468.1604 cell

water in the tank? happened to me

BigRedFord04
    both tanks though?? kinda hard to believe

have you pulled the codes on it yet?

does yours have a crankshaft positioning sensor on the front of the engine block by the harmonic balancer?

BigRedFord04
    no codes, check engine light isnt on, dont think it has the sensor

bigFAWKINranger

Re: Need Help

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    I'm actually just lookin' for general ideas on what could be wrong w/ my truck. After i got back here from Llano it was running like total sh¡t. Ran kinda rough on the drive from Austin. Now, it has absolutely no power, really really rough idle that is lower than normal. Slight backfire I can hear thru a small exhaust leak. It doesnt really improve as the RPMs get higher. After tonite, i can hear a slight high pitched popping coming from the general area of the passenger side bottom of the motor. I've replaced the cap, rotor, plugs, O2 sensor, fuel filter and added Berryman's to both tanks because I thought it could be bad gas. None of the above has helped much. timing isnt adjustable, set by the computer. i'm trying to do as much as i can on warranty items so the next things are wires and coil, but those are kinda last resorts. After that is bad injectors and other expensive stuff. Does anyone have any clue? Is there anyone who will be on campus tomorrow that could take a listen and maybe suggest something? I'm free before 9, 11-1230, and 3-430, then after 630...please help, i'm running out of ideas.
    512.468.1604 cell
    call brian. you know who i'm talkin about.... i am SURE he can help you...

aggielr
    i'd have to listen to it, but sounds kinda like a bad injector, is it multiport injected?

BigRedFord04
    EFI

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    EFI

yes it is multiport.....multiport is a type of EFI along with throttle body
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

aggielr
    pull some of the injectors and get someone to crank on it, see if its gettin gas or maybe too much

BigRedFord04
    pulling injectors involves taking the intake manifold off

negative ghostrider....you can pull the passenger side off with out removing the intake and you can take the passenger side off with only removing the upper plenum

only 6 bolts or so
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

wolverton, I'm sorry buddy, there are other girls out there, many other fish in the sea, get em next time tiger, and so on... good to have you back
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

no no....im fixing to go back over there....just came home to wash some clothes.....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

BigRedFord04
    oh geez....