Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: My attempt for more fuel economy.

chevsu
    scott has alot more power than that PSD..........

So what has he done to it before you make blanket statements?

How much power do I have anyway?

chevsu
    injectors, chip. it doesn't matter, its a cummins and it's better............

the only problem i see is that its going to be differnet taking off and pulling hills. when you get to the top of a big climb you'll be in 3rd gear. is fourth gear in your tranny 1:1?

Quote Originally Posted by chevsu
    injectors, chip. it doesn't matter, its a cummins and it's better............
    nice....

Yes, 4th is 1:1. I still don't remember downshifting in Clayton and that was before injectors/chip/exhaust/modified IDM and soon to be intercooler. If he gets 350 at the wheels then I'll say it has more, but it doesn't have more just because it's a Cummins... Keep in mind I went from 9x mm^3 to 160 mm^3 injectors.
    Last edited by Chadnutz; 07-10-2006 at 12:48 PM.

chevsu
    i bought the 93 dodge to save diesel and milege on my 01. it gets better mpg's and i can still lay down the black smoke for you ford guys. i just don't run 60-70 mph and the truck is happy.

chevsu
    you be fine pulling small loads but put his 32' trailer with two rigs and wind drag and your ford might hurt with not having the gears. thats up to you. what are your egt's like pulling a small trailer?

I know I'll be fine with a 16 ft. People just can't get past the fact that I'm only doing this for a few years. I still have the 4.10s and I don't have access to a gooseneck anymore. I'm not going to be hauling any heavy loads and if I do I'll just avoid the rocky mountains because I hauled Tate's 7-8000 lb F-350 before any of my mods and I used overdrive the whole time except on TX 46 when it is slow (60 if you're lucky an no grandma's get in your way) and hilly. The only load overdrive ever struggled on was a large a/c that was 8 feet wide and 7 feet tall so it was a sail and I crossed the scale at 20,500 lbs. That was also before any mods.

I'll tell you what my EGTs are when I install the thermocouple! The guages have been in for 6 months or so and I just haven't hooked them up.

chevsu
    go for it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's already done. My mileage increased 2.25 on the first tank with 70% hw. It'll still take nearly two years to recover with fuel costs as they are now, so basically I'm going to break even in a little less than two years and if I have the change by then I'll get the overdrive unit and put the 4.10s back in. I don't need a new vehicle until I have kids, and who knows when that will be. I swear I'll get a noise reading today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Keep in mind I went from 9x mm^3 to 160 mm^3 injectors.

are they actually measured in cubic millimeters?

so basically I'm going to break even in a little less than two years and if I have the change by then I'll get the overdrive unit and put the 4.10s back in.

then it'll only take ten years to break even again...

fbronco86
    It's already done. My mileage increased 2.25 on the first tank with 70% hw. It'll still take nearly two years to recover with fuel costs as they are now, so basically I'm going to break even in a little less than two years and if I have the change by then I'll get the overdrive unit and put the 4.10s back in. I don't need a new vehicle until I have kids, and who knows when that will be. I swear I'll get a noise reading today.
    My office is 51.4db

I'd get a noise reading from the honda, but I can't hear the engine when I am standing next to the exhaust pipe, and it gets 30 mpg (this is fun)
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

fbronco: My office is 58 dB. I wonder if this Radio Shack thing is calibrated.

agjohn: I don't care about recovering after that. I'll have ten forward speeds, and 4.10s or 3.20s!

jimmy: My rig is not a real rig therefore it does not drive home therefore I need more than a honda.

Chadnutz: Just doing my thing. Don't you think my new gears are cool? Why don't you people realize that I know what I'm doing? Why does anybody care what I post on the board!? What's the matter with you people!!!???
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools