Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: My attempt for more fuel economy.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    fbronco: My office is 58 dB. I wonder if this Radio Shack thing is calibrated.

agjohn: I don't care about recovering after that. I got ten forward gears, and a georgia overdrive...!

jimmy: My rig is not a real rig therefore it does not drive home therefore I need more than a honda.
    there...i fixed it for you...makes the thread more interesting...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Chadnutz: Just doing my thing. Don't you think my new gears are cool? Why don't you people realize that I know what I'm doing? Why does anybody care what I post on the board!? What's the matter with you people!!!???
    Sure seems to me as though some people care a little too much.

Eric - I Promise I Have No Issues. I Just Don't Like Small Cars. The Mustang Had Huge Long Doors (could Fix With A 4 Door), The Back Seat Was Virtually Useless For People, The Trunk Could Not Fit A Cooler In It, And I Am More Comfortable In A Truck (fullsize - Ie My Feet Do Not Extend Out In Front Of Me) If Anything I Would Pick Up A Little Ranger- Then I At Least Have The Bed. It Would Get Well Into The Twenties On The Highway Too I Bet.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT GAS MILEAGE, although I would like a longer range in the truck, but I could fix that w/ 100 gal of diesel in the bed
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

i'm going to put a 2wd tailhousing on the rover tranny and swap in a rear ford 9" axle so I can run 2.70 gears. That should pay for itself in the long run.

so you have a chip, bigger injectors, and you are about to install an egt and you are trying to save a few bucks on gas?

hey its chadnutz, hes dumb
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    i'm going to put a 2wd tailhousing on the rover tranny and swap in a rear ford 9" axle so I can run 2.70 gears. That should pay for itself in the long run.

so you have a chip, bigger injectors, and you are about to install an egt and you are trying to save a few bucks on gas?
    My fuel mileage went down by 0% after adding that stuff. I guess since I dropped $155k on a house I should run a/c on 60 degrees even though the house is bigger than an apartment. I mean, why save money when I could have lived cheaper by renting.

I guess all those guys that drive corvettes should hammer down everywhere they go and burn gas like its going out of style too... Why conserve, anyway?

It's my truck. I'm saving 15% of my fuel costs. Sorry for sharing.

None of your logic makes sense. Everyone thinks I'll be lugging my truck and they don't know **** about my truck, what it can do, or what I'll ask it to do. No one knows anything about powerstrokes except that they suck, and everyone has their own opinion about what EVERYONE else should do. Keep your opinions to yourself. I didn't ask for them.

Keep your opinions to yourself. I didn't ask for them.

unless you truely are a moron, you should have known exactly how this thread would turn out. you could cure cancer and post it up and you'd still get reamed.

on the other hand, if you'd bought a fuel efficient third car...

I think we have a new mazda thread!! Woo-Hoo!!!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I asked them to bring it back anyway.

Don't worry. I'm fixing to start another one.

that mazda thread had some good tech in it

My fuel mileage went down by 0% after adding that stuff. I guess since I dropped $155k on a house I should run a/c on 60 degrees even though the house is bigger than an apartment. I mean, why save money when I could have lived cheaper by renting.

I guess all those guys that drive corvettes should hammer down everywhere they go and burn gas like its going out of style too... Why conserve, anyway?

It's my truck. I'm saving 15% of my fuel costs. Sorry for sharing.

None of your logic makes sense. Everyone thinks I'll be lugging my truck and they don't know **** about my truck, what it can do, or what I'll ask it to do. No one knows anything about powerstrokes except that they suck, and everyone has their own opinion about what EVERYONE else should do. Keep your opinions to yourself. I didn't ask for them.
    my logic? i said nothing about wasting fuel, I'm talking about throwing good money after bad to save a few bucks at the pump.

regearing couldn't have been free, and all the chip/hotrod stuff isn't. Maybe you are saving 15%, but how much is your time worth? Think that gears you setup yourself are as reliable as the factory pattern? I'm entitled to my opinion also, and that is that you will never come out ahead doing this.

Your logic sucks if you think I am talking about people with corvettes hammering it down all the time. Not sure where that even came up, but if you can afford a corvette, you can afford 3 bucks a gallon.

Conservation? petroleum fuel will be around forever, or at least long enough for any of us to be concerned with it.

And you can keep your house as cool as you want, not really relevant to this topic either.
    Last edited by robertf03; 07-10-2006 at 07:04 PM.

You stated that I spent so much money on power upgrades that also help burn more fuel yet I want to save some... Well the power is there when I need it, just like a Corvette. I think that analogy is perfectly correct.

Ask me how much I paid for the injectors, the chip, the IDM, the guages and the exhaust... Shipping.

I had the gears installed. I didn't do them myself.

I got a quieter truck and 15% savings in fuel. I lost 4x4 that I haven't used in a while and didn't need when I used it and $800. The $800 will saved in time, as will my hearing. The 4wd will come back when I can afford an overdrive unit, and long before I need it again.

That is the end of me in this thread. Again, thanks for your input.

That is the end of me in this thread.

id bet good money against this.

you just dont get it. its like deja vu everytime you start a thread. pathetically entertaining.