Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Old Bus

put in a big block w/ an 871 blower on top and a bird catcher coming thru the hood.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LD:en%26sa%3DN

scroll down to the middle and click on the yellow bus

another w/ the blower concept
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very cool, but no money for that. The engine alone would be twice my whole budget at this point. Robert, I actually need a 5.3 for the Cruiser. I think the bus will get the salvaged 350 for now. Talking to a guy about a Cummins though. But at this point I don't see myself shelling out that money. If the 5.3 is attached to a automatic, that would be best. I think Grayson was right as far of ease of setup with adding an auto. I think the chevy has a SM420 in it. That will likely end up in the Cruiser, replacing my howling POS SM465. Are you supposed to put oil in those things?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Robert, I actually need a 5.3 for the Cruiser.

nah...

you're gonna kludge together a pile of parts of unknown history and depend on an automatic to get you home? Besides, buses are supposed to have a 3 foot long stick shift sticking out of the floorboards. Stick a coach Fran head on top
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Ok, I have changed my mind, I only want the rusty shiat inside!

Did you take a close look at what's inside? Choice!

holy jeezus you bought a rolling methlab!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Besides, buses are supposed to have a 3 foot long stick shift sticking out of the floorboards. Stick a coach Fran head on top
    Dont do that, then flem will want to take pictures with your shifter and give it pep talks

Speaking of that, anyone heard anything about our tickets? Antonio has my school email eventhough I tried to get him to use my other email, so I dont get any updates if there are any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Besides, buses are supposed to have a 3 foot long stick shift sticking out of the floorboards. Stick a coach Fran head on top
    I was actually thinking the same thing about the shifter. Seems like it would be a necesity on an old school bus. If not a Fran, then a skull with glowing eyes, at the 3 ft. level? I'll have to see what kind of shape the manual is in. The auto sounds SO easy though. The rearend is a 2 speed on the Chevy, but if I kept the manual, the top end would probably bite it.

Anyone know anything about 2 speed rearends?

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Dont do that, then flem will want to take pictures with your shifter and give it pep talks
    Awesome. His email address is aortiz@agnitek.
    Last edited by davido; 07-25-2006 at 03:16 PM.

Anyone know anything about 2 speed rearends?
    just a gear splitter like a gear vendor, except its part of the chunk and you have to let out of the throttle to shift it as there are no clutches.

I can help with the rearend and all the connections!

Sweet. What about air bags? Big ones. I was looking at these because of the travel:

Firestone Reversible Sleeve - http://www.truckspring.com/reversible-sleeve_266.html

But they told me that this wouln't be enough to fill them easily:

Firestone Dual Air Command III - http://www.truckspring.com/firestone...-iii-2198.html

They said, "The Firestone dual air command compressors are used for the SUV, light truck market and would not have enough pressure to run the heavy duty air springs. The heavy duty air springs are used with full air suspensions that have engine driven compressors that control the air brakes and air springs."

I'm trying to get clarification on if it would just be slow, or if it's not powerful enough and will blow up components. Not knowing much about this, I asked them if it would work, just slowly. So could I maybe add a larger tank and/or multiple pumps (or one larger one). I'll see what I hear back.

Is it possible that this thing would weigh more than 10k in sprung weight? What then, multiple bags per corner? Only in the rear?
    Last edited by davido; 07-25-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Sweet. What about air bags? Big ones. I was looking at these because of the travel:

Firestone Reversible Sleeve - http://www.truckspring.com/reversible-sleeve_266.html

But they told me that this wouln't be enough to fill them easily:

Firestone Dual Air Command III - http://www.truckspring.com/firestone...-iii-2198.html

They said, "The Firestone dual air command compressors are used for the SUV, light truck market and would not have enough pressure to run the heavy duty air springs. The heavy duty air springs are used with full air suspensions that have engine driven compressors that control the air brakes and air springs."

I'm trying to get clarification on if it would just be slow, or if it's not powerful enough and will blow up components. Not knowing much about this, I asked them if it would work, just slowly. So could I maybe add a larger tank and/or multiple pumps (or one larger one). I'll see what I hear back.

Is it possible that this thing would weigh more than 10k in sprung weight? What then, multiple bags per corner? Only in the rear?
    Why not run a york?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Yes, probably the best option. I don't know much about them though. Where to buy, how to mount, etc. The electric pump is easy to setup, but slow. Sounds like I'll be reading about Yorks. Nothing like putting it off and adding it AFTER I take it out of the Cruiser.

Yes, probably the best option. I don't know much about them though. Where to buy, how to mount, etc. The electric pump is easy to setup, but slow. Sounds like I'll be reading about Yorks. Nothing like putting it off and adding it AFTER I take it out of the Cruiser.
    A york system can be done on the cheap. I got my york at a junkyard for $20, pressure switch from a compressor shop for $2, and other various parts probably cost 10-20. I built the bracket out of scrap I had laying around.

When you shop for yorks make sure you get the largest capacity, I know the number has a 10 in it.
    1988 Blazer...RIP