Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: toy vs dana

toy vs dana

the tech dept is in dire need of... tech. so, i gotta question for anyone that might know.

i hear toyota front axles have less steering angle than a dana axle. is this true and noticable or just pirate e-puke?

actually, lets make this a toy vs dana thread.

how does a stock toy stack up against a stock dana 44?

which can be built stronger with aftermarket shafts and joints?

how does a 30 spline longfield toy stack up against a stock 60?

i know theres a couple of toy freaks on here that should have some input defending their 4n crap.

there is a place in Bryan called Saenz Tamales. Go there around Christmas, the tamales are excellent!!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Shaggy
    jimmy got straight to the point i see

a mexican guy brought tamales to our office one time around christmas...they were good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I love lamp

I love chair
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I love toyota axles, cuz they're what I've got, they bolt right up, mine haven't broke, and my front one is silver
    no time for this discussion, but here's a graph:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I dont know too much about them but shaft strength does not seem to be an issue with yota axles any more. Using Scotti's 4limper as an example, the knuckles appeared to be the weak link after longfields were added correct? I dont think 44 shafts have come that far but I'm just going by what I've seen.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I have had toyota axles for about 5 years. Toyota axles are good for 35's or smaller. I have used every shafted on the market except longfield chromo axles. I broke everyone. 4 stock berfileds 3 shafted 5 longfeilds with rings, 3 rear shafts and about 7 ring and pinion. 5.29s and stock 4.10. I ripped of one steering arm and bent two housings. I am now using Dana 44 axles under a YJ wiht 35. I always said I would never change but it is time. I am planning on using ford 9’s front and rear and my buggy. I feel like there is a lot more strength there. I does not matter what you run under you rig. It will brake one day.
    Last edited by Busa; 07-11-2006 at 02:22 PM.
    Ryan Busa
    CP# 972-281-7106
    rbusatoy@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Busa
    I does not matter what you run under you rig. It will brake one day.
    While I still think this holds true, the OEM 2" OD 47 spline alloy Rockwell shafts are the closest thing to bombproof out there.

Shaggy
    i wonder how my 300m 60 shafts will hold up... they will last forever at this rate... laying on the floor of my shop... way to spend 2k on shafts

Feh. I've got over $6k in axles sitting in a corner collecting dust. I have no idea when I'll use them.

Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes.

Shaggy
    ***.. i am trying to buy a house so i cant spend on the toys... sucks when i have the expensive parts but cant spend the change to put them in

A stock toy axle is about as strong as a stock dana 30, either can run 35s but will break and seem to be better off with 33s. A stock d44 is stronger than a stock toy axle. With a set of longfields the toy axle is stronger than the dana. After that they switch depending on money input.

Of course this is all stuff I made up from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    Feh. I've got over $6k in axles sitting in a corner collecting dust. I have no idea when I'll use them. Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes.
    Amen to that. I can't believe those things are just sitting there. Why don't you send them over and I'll excercise them. Don't want them getting fat. Mark also has a D60/C14 set that I pawned off on him about...what, 3 - 4 years ago Mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Busa
    I have used every shafted on the market except longfield chromo axles. I broke everyone.
    Excellent. That's a long ($) freakin list.

After seeing that guy with the Cummins hammer on it in Alton, I'll never doubt the abuse a Rockwell can take. I'm still holding out for breaking my boat anchor. That bastard can take a beating from the skinny pedal, but it's very friendly with the rocks. Never misses a chance to stop and chat.

How hard is it to shave down the D60 & C14?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'