Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: School me on hyro-boost systems

thats good info on there but that remote reservoir isnt going to act any different than a regular one. ive got a remote on mine and its nothing special. the whole reason for a remote in this case is for more system capacity. basically you'd have two reservoirs, one remote and one on the pump. remember, they have to be at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ckholster
    i couldnt read all that dribble
    Get edumacated then.

Quote Originally Posted by c0ckholster
    remember, the cooler and reservoir go on the return/low pressure side. nothing should be between the pump and box. got that chadnutz?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

you gotta be kidding me. cheapjeep, cool it with the delete button ok? or.. is that short little sucker still an officer? i was looking for my discussion on beirut univ and condoleeza rice and it's gone.

anywho... i was thinking, it make a heckuva story to tell your kids, "well, there i was in college and israel invaded lebanon and i had to catch a marine helicopter out of beirut and hop on a norwegian cruise ship to sweden and wait out the war."

man, im still pissed about getting deleted. what gives with that? and they say Bush is bad about abusing his executive power.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    WTF are you talking about john? I haven't deleted any of your posts yet you still seem to think I'm behind it everytime someone's post is gone. You need to chill out and stop throwing around accusations.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep
    WTF are you talking about john? I haven't deleted any of your posts yet you still seem to think I'm behind it everytime someone's post is gone. You need to chill out and stop throwing around accusations.
    you're in cahoots with hezbollah aren't you!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

dang it. i forgot about that whole sarcasm not conveying in type thing. i do think its funny that both of you pmed me and think i was serious. the context should have given away the jovial nature.

btw, frick, there are many tech threads littered with chit chat, just ask jimmy and davido. they have both sniped my tech threads right off the bat just like i did you.

only un-American terrorists delete other peoples posts that do not contain profanity or personal attacks.

frick, consider it a compliment that i took the effort to screw with you. its kinda like how everybody pats you on the head when they walk by, it may annoy you but its because they like you.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I feel all warm and fuzzy now...
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

73bronco
    whatever you do dont get a late 70's booster from a caddy or lincoln, the same seal in mine has crapped out twice on me. I'll be switching to a superduty unit b/c the peddle to rod length is the same for my bronco. Astrovan units are another good option.

as for PS you need a remote reservior system if you'll be running the ram. I'm getting PCS to do their magic to my pump, as well as adding a remote reservior and cooler to keep everything happy

The PSC setups are sweet, no doubt. Busa can turn his 35s with his pinky. Scott's full hydro is also amazingly easy. I've drilled mine out some, planning on doing more. I also need a remote reservoir of some kind. Probably add a cooler when I add the reservoir. I like the remote reservoir pump link that was posted. I've been fighing buying one because I hate the thought of spending $150 for a reservoir. PSC now has a $75 option also. This one is hopefully less than $30. I've never had a heat issue with mine.

Eventhough I have to add fluid, mine did pretty well in CO. They're aired down 42s. That's a huge footprint to move. Also welded. If I start spending big money, it's going to be on full hydro. But that's no time soon. Mine turns easily at anything other than idle. I just have to give it a little gas to get the juices flowing. But, iIf you can get buy without buying the best, then the modded saginaw pump will work great. I would start there. You can always blow your lunch money on the PSC later.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

As an added note you can add a smaller pulley on the PS pump in increase flow.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

73bronco
    check this link out for cheaper reservoir options, I'm gonna go this route and just add another port for my hydroboost

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER...QQcmdZViewItem