Thread: can anyone mill a steering shaft for me

lowballing someone

can anyone mill a steering shaft for me

it came with only about an inch milled and i need about 6-8 inches so i need a little help since i have no access to a machine shop, i am willing to pay but i need it done sooner than later. to be more specific this is to correct the distance gained after a body lift on a customers car
    thanks
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

um how do you need it milled?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

vilas?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

lowballing someone
    they will take 2 weeks to get it done i was hoping that someone here had a mill or had access to the tamu machineshop or something like that. if youve ever taken a shaft apart for a jeep(others probably too) then you will remember where the plastic pins are, well that area is millled down from a round bar to 2 flat sides and 2 rounded sides(if you were to imagine a square). the shaft that i have now only has about an inch of the bar milled and we need it to be about 6 or 7 inches. it would be easy to do in a mill with the propper bit i assume but i don't have the access to a shop with that capability. as i earlear stated we will pay for your time
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

lowballing someone
    found a guy to do it, thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by colman
    they will take 2 weeks to get it done i was hoping that someone here had a mill or had access to the tamu machineshop or something like that. if youve ever taken a shaft apart for a jeep(others probably too) then you will remember where the plastic pins are, well that area is millled down from a round bar to 2 flat sides and 2 rounded sides(if you were to imagine a square). the shaft that i have now only has about an inch of the bar milled and we need it to be about 6 or 7 inches. it would be easy to do in a mill with the propper bit i assume but i don't have the access to a shop with that capability. as i earlear stated we will pay for your time
    is this a hardened shaft?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    is this a hardened shaft?
    you tell me hot sthuff!!!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

we did a sweet number on Chris Scotti's shaft...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    you tell me hot sthuff!!!
    I swear to god if I was going to Alto tonight we'd make the red neck's blush!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    I swear to god if I was going to Alto tonight we'd make the red neck's blush!
    You suck at milling anyway