Thread: Very Economical Camper

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Very Economical Camper

I need a very economical (cheap) camper. I am looknig for a 5th wheel, bumper pull, or driver. Just about anything will work, as long as it is economical. I do not want a pop-up.

Refrigerator, A/C, stove, crapper would all be nice, but not required, the only real requirement is cheap.

The reason I need this is during deer season I normally stay at my buddy's father-in-law's camp, well they were apparently doing some clean up and made a burn pile. The burn pile got out of control and burned their camp down. So now myself and 3 friends need a crappy place to stay during deer season.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

It's the second week of deer camp and all the guys are here,
    we drink, play cards and shoot the bull, but never shoot no deer,
    the only time we leave the camp is when we go for beer!
    It's the second week of deer camp and all the guys are here.

I wonder if you could just find a wrecked one and patch it up?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    I need a very economical (cheap) camper. I am looknig for a 5th wheel, bumper pull, or driver. Just about anything will work, as long as it is economical. I do not want a pop-up.

Refrigerator, A/C, stove, crapper would all be nice, but not required, the only real requirement is cheap.

The reason I need this is during deer season I normally stay at my buddy's father-in-law's camp, well they were apparently doing some clean up and made a burn pile. The burn pile got out of control and burned their camp down. So now myself and 3 friends need a crappy place to stay during deer season.
    That old guy hardy bought the 4 wheeler from? He burned his place down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Scamper, double axle, a/c, awning, excellent cond, $2800. 713-473-6119 713-822-0048

There are a bunch in the chronicle, goto cars and then you can pick from boats, motorcycles, rvs, etc. on the right.
    So you loose, I win!

as an official "good deal connoisseur" I vote for this one. looks like it is ready to roll, Coachman is still in business, so you can get parts. ...and you don't have to worry about getting it to run when you want to move it. just check the tires, switch over your license plate from your car hauler and go.
    http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/rvs/189709738.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Graystroke; 08-07-2006 at 10:44 AM.

My parents have an Aluma-Lite that I'm sure we'd part with. I'll check on a price...

It's in Beeville but I can deliver it to you if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    as an official "self-proclaimed good deal connoisseur" I vote for this one. looks like it is ready to roll, Coachman is still in business, so you can get parts. ...and you don't have to worry about getting it to run when you want to move it. just check the tires, switch over your license plate from your car hauler and go.
    http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/rvs/189709738.html
    So you loose, I win!

jealousy is a biatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    jealousy is a biatch!
    its also not a feeling that i project towards you or any of your crappy stuff
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02

Damn karl you are turning into WT

just rent one when it is time, it will be pimp, you won't have to store it, or watch it deteriorate in your driveway...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

My brother looked at a nice one a few days ago. Its a 1998 18' shasta. Two axles, glass sides, rubber roof, looks good. And if you don't know what you're looking for you'll miss that the back wall is rotten. $3000 obo. In floresville.

Alot of travel trailers are rotten. When Kurt was buying one a few years ago most of them were rotten, at least in houston. And we weren't looking for much older than 5 years. Push on all the walls inside and out. Open the cabinets and push in there.