Thread: this should make Fredo happy

Now this on the other hand.

FAP FAP FAP!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

pretty sweet: 101 year old buys an SS

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009...426-hp-camaro/

Eight months older than General Motors, Virgil Coffman clearly is not whom Chevrolet had in mind when it decided to bring back the Camaro.

But a bright yellow, 426-horsepower Camaro SS is exactly what Mr. Coffman, who turns 102 in January, wanted when he went to a Chevy dealership near his home in Decatur, Ill., in September. He ordered a “Transformers” special edition model, which is adorned with black stripes to resemble the character Bumblebee from the blockbuster movie.

Mr. Coffman hasn’t seen “Transformers.” He said he just liked how the special-edition Camaro looked — and that only 1,500 are to be produced. He traded in a Chevy Monte Carlo for the new car. “Driving by myself, I didn’t need one of those big cars anymore.” he said. “I wanted a sportscar.”

After learning of Mr. Coffman’s purchase, G.M. flew him to Detroit this week to show him around a design studio and its Heritage Center, a museum filled with hundreds of cars it has built during his lifetime – and, of course, get a little publicity for one of the company’s hottest-selling cars.

Mr. Coffman worked for G.M. from 1950 until 1973, first making bumpers for Cadillacs and later as a chemist. He has owned 35 to 40 different vehicles — mostly G.M., none foreign — starting with a “1920-something” two-door Chevy coupe. This is his first Camaro, and he says he likes it the best.

“The way it looks and the way it handles — you can’t beat it,” he said. “People you don’t even know come up and talk to you in a parking lot.”

Bob Lamb, a nephew who accompanied Mr. Coffman on his visit, said the sales staff at Miles Chevrolet was a bit skeptical of a 101-year-old man who came in looking for the $38,000 Camaro but more than happy to make the deal when they realized he was serious. “He told me, ‘If I keep that 10 or 12 years, it will be worth about $100,000,’” Mr. Lamb said. “He’s very optimistic.”

Since September, Mr. Coffman, who has outlived his wife and three children, has put about 1,800 miles on his new car, though he has yet to take it more than about 50 miles outside of Decatur. And while he loves the powerful V-8 engine, he keeps his speed down — most of the time.

“Once in a while I like to kick it up,” he said. “But I’m afraid to drive too fast and get a ticket, and then they might take my license away.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    wtf is this?

It looks like an alien.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...t-in-2012.html
    It was in Transformers I think.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    It was in Transformers I think.
    yeah i saw it in their later....bleh.
    So you loose, I win!

and the driver walked away

So you loose, I win!

That reminds me, on the way back from NOLA on I10 yesterday, I saw a wreck where one RV had rear ended another, with a small car in between them. There wasnt anything left of the car more than 2' above the ground
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    and the driver walked away

The zombie in the backseat, not so much.

Rule #3 Seatbelts.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

so how long before someone invents a "camaro curse" to explain why inexperienced drivers are wrapping these around lightpoles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools