Thread: Transmission Problems

Threaded View

Transmission Problems

OK guys - Friday night, CJ and I are heading back to 218 from HEB, laughing about how loud my exhuast is, so I run it hard through first gear so he really gets the full effect. I am guessing this is when the problem started. I could at least see a trail of fluid back to anderson where we were. It leaked (unbeknowest to me) until I figured it out pulling up to 218. Suddenly it felt like it was in nuetral. Get out and look and fluid is coming out real good. Sorry Eric I was not able to recycle any of it. Tate tows me home yesterday, and I just went out to take a look at it this morning. Too hot and too hungover yesterday. For all I can tell, the case is intact, both cooler lines are ok, both fitting are tight, and the filler neck is tight. There is def fluid behind the inspection cover.

Anyone have any idea is there is a seal or anything else right in there that could let go? Do torque converters act like this when they go bad? I am really hoping its not the trans, bc it shifted fine. A seal could have dried up and let go when I ran it hard? I am thinking about dropping the pan to see if there is anything in it. I could change the filter while I am there I guess too.

EDIT: - It is an E4OD in a 95 F150

I was just thinking I could go grab some breakfast but can't....Damn it.
    Last edited by Seth; 08-13-2006 at 08:06 AM.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller