Thread: The 'Corn

The 'Corn

Can't believe I never made a thread about it.

General description for those people that haven't heard me talk about it for the past decade.

Tube frame using 1.75" x.120 HREW
    4.3 TBI
    SM465
    NP241 crawlbox
    NP205
    Ford dana 60 highpinion
    14 bolt
    Full Hydro steering
    Air shocks (money allowing)
    4 link front and rear
    38.5 sx's (as they are what I have right now, when they wear out 39 or 42)
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Any ideas on what you are going to base the chassis off of? (as in already marketed ones) Any progress on the doubler project?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I'll start my plan here as not to taint the first post.

1st finish bender

2nd finish NP241 crawlbox. This requires machining that I'm not familiar with which is the hold up. I either have to make 2 new complete shafts or try to spline 2 hardened shafts.

3rd once i have the final length of the engine/tranny/tcases, I'll finish the solid model in solid works

4th gather parts and bring them to bosses shop. This is what will make the whole project easier. I'm about 90% sure he'll let me build it in their new shop. It's not a huge shop, nor does it have many tools, but it's much bigger than my garage and I can bring tools. It's got nice high ceilings and it's less than a half a mile from my house.

5th I'll stop progress for 3 more years because the ADD will get to me and I'll build a lawn tractor with a cummins in it.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Any ideas on what you are going to base the chassis off of? (as in already marketed ones) Any progress on the doubler project?
    I like the combination between two of them which I can't recall the names. I'm toying with the idea of having a removable backseat. I'm not sure if I can fit it in with my wheelbase and driveline placement. If I can't fit it, no biggie.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

If you start this, and then stop working on it for a long time, I will start stealing pieces off the blazer. The longer you put off working on it the more valuable the pieces will get.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I'm gonna work on the bu.....hey look a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!