Thread: 73 d44 and 12 bolt

lowballing someone

73 d44 and 12 bolt

i have a set of axles that i got indirectly from jeff's 73 blazer and i was thinking of putting them in the jeep. they have 373's right now but i would put in 410 bc i have a set of d44 gears and a detroit that could go in the front (assuming the gears and locker from my cj d44 will work) and will find a set of 410 for the rear and i think that it has posi in it but i'm not sure, i might just weld it. so what is the consensus. i have 37's to put on and am extending the wheel base of the 5 by 6-8 inches and i have 4 to 1 in the tcase already
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I'd go ahead and do it. If you have any problems breaking shafts you can get chromos for the front fairly cheap and you can find a 6 lug 14 bolt semi floater easy enough.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

that axle should have flat-top knuckles as well, makes setting up steering a lot easier.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I think they're good axles. Lockers are a little expensive for the 12 bolt. As long as your engine runs good you should be fine on the highway with 4.10s. You do have a 6 yes? You'll have plenty of gear for offroad, that's more than I used to have with a 6 and 35s or 36s. The 6 can run real slow so you don't need stupid low gears like a toyoda or other such crap.

lowballing someone
    i have the 6 with a 4.o head on it and hei and soon tbi so i think it will all work perfect together
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come