Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seats

Seats

Who makes decent offroad racing (suspension) seats? The ones I can currently think of are Mastercraft, PRP, Corbeau, and Beard. Are there any I missed? Anyone know where I can find them for a decent price? Any opinion on them?

And before you say just grab a seat out of a junkyard, let me say this. The vehicle in question is going to be my daily driver, as well as trail rig, and I want a seat I can be very comfortable in, no matter what the terrain is or how long I'm in the seat. I tried a few random junkyard seat in my last truck before paying the money for a set of Mastercraft Rubicons, and even though it seemed like a lot at the time, it was money well spent. The seats were incredible, and when I rolled the truck, the seats held me in place very nicely with just a normal seat belt. I'd go with them again, but there seems to be some similar kinds of seats available now for decent prices ($150-220)

what about the seats in Jegs.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I got the prp daily driver for the cheby and it is great. No recline or slider in it, but slider can be had from jy if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    aafter riding in that protruck, i would sugest mastercraft. the seats in those trucks may be a bit expensive, but im sure they have some more in your price range.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Look up Race Trim, my dad bought a set for like 300 a pair and they are damn good suspension seats

I think the ones I've ridden in before were prp's....they were very comfy
    I'd stray away from corbeau after seeing how Cody's looked after a few years. They are designed for cars and just don't hold up to the abuse of being outdoors and getting dirty and getting in & out a bunch.
    I like the jeg seats that I have with extra padding in the butt and back area, but they are the type of seats that you love or hate. I've sat in them for 5-6 hours of driving and my foot goes numb way before my ass.
    Your shorter so it might not be a problem, but some seats are really thick and I don't know what your putting these it but that is something to look at. I orginally had Cody's old corbeau seat for mine but the bottom of the seat was way to thick, thats why I went for the lower profile of the plasic bucket seats.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

I have a set of low back beard's(as I do not like the peenis out the top for a headrest), I got them from polyperformance 185 a peice. they are pretty comfy I have one installed on my lawnmower, my bumpy arse cracked up yard seems pretty smooth now.

lowballing someone
    i have 2 coribou baja desert ss seats in my little bros blazer and they are great, still on the wall for a daily driver but they are vinal so little upkeap and they are comfy as hell, suck your ass right in
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

So what kind are the jegs? Are they actual suspension seats, or just plastic ones with covers? Right now I think it will be a toss up between Beards and PRPs. I loved my mastercrafts, but they are just to expensive, when I can buy 2 seats for just a little more than a single mastercraft. Corbeaus are out because I found quite a few people complaining about them wearing out in less than a year.

The vehicle these will be going in is the 4runner I bought from grayson. The cab size is similar to my old truck. With that truck and my old mastercrafts, the seat was a little high, but it gave good visibility. It was kinda tight, and I lacked sliders, but I hope to solve those problems this time by building a set of sliders, and adding a steering wheel disconnect like I had in my buggy to ease access and act as a theft deterrent

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    The jegs seat's are the same one's you had in the buggy, not ideal for a d.d.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

if so then those would suck for this purpose. I would only use those on a full trail rig. On my buggy they were not bad, but I think some of that had to do with how layed back they were. If I could have fit something else in there, with more cushioning, I would have, because at the end of the day you were definetly sore

I have two Recaros that I'll probably never use for my Cruiser. They're comfy but $$. Full roll back to flat and tilt up lever. I paid $300 for the pair and would sell them for what I have in them.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

send me some pics if you have them

The exact same as the ones that are in my Cruiser now. I had plans to put in 4 matching buckets. I can't find any off hand, but I'm sure they're around.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

if he doesn't want them I could use them
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?