Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neighbor's jeep

Yes the waggy springs are about 2" more lift than stock springs and are also offset 2" while being 2" longer to provide a 2" stretch if mounted one way or no stretch if mounted the other. Stretch the front for sure. Stretch the back if the axle will clear the fuel tank, I'm thinkin it won't. They'll work great sprung over with 35s and not much or maybe any cutting. Put on TJ flares to run 37s.

Waggys had high gears, will need to be regeared. He'll need 4.56 gears with 35s. That'll likely require new carriers so throw in lockers a the same time. Kurt's old jeep had 33s with 4.56 gears and it was OK, revved a little high. Was good with 35s. Then 4.88s worked good with 37s. Remember the yj has overdrive.

Get the slip yoke eliminator and cv driveshaft, its good stuff.

Oh and put a bigger cam in it. Kurt's old jeep with 4.88s and 37s with the larger comp cam would kick the ass of his 02 tj with 3.73 and 31s. It's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep
    Yeah waggy rear's are offset a little.
    No.

Don't stretch the front or rear of another person's vehicle.

If you push the front axle forward it will cause binding in the steering if he decides to put crossover steering on it. Stretching the rear will require gas tank relocation.

Buying a 231 that is complete would probably be safer than buying a used SYE, but that's just my opinion. I'd just install a new SYE with a new chain at the same time, but again, to each his own. Just make sure that whatever you get has the right input spline count because there are two choices, depending on the transmission.

How built does this guy want to go?

lowballing someone
    if he doesn't want the waggy springs i might buy a pair from him if he gets them, i am cheap but who here isn't
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapJeep
    Yeah waggy rear's are offset a little. C.J. and Jordan both have them in their cj's, but with an 8.8" the shaft's are a bit thicker, 31 splines, disk brakes, etc...bad thing is c-clips. Really the only reason to do an 8.8" would be if he were to keep the 30 front, I'm pretty sure they're the same lug pattern. So if he's going with a waggy front I'd say do the 44 waggy rear. The stock YJ leaf's are pretty soft and tend to invert, maybe look into snagging the waggy leaf's too? I have 4.56"s and they've been great with both 35"s and 38"s. I'm pretty sure you could get flat top knuckles to run crossover or highsteer for the waggy front?
    wrong cj, and jordans jeeps have scout axles in them not waggies, and the waggy rears that are off set are a lot more than a little bit off-set i know i have one.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    wrong cj, and jordans jeeps have scout axles in them not waggies, and the waggy rears that are off set are a lot more than a little bit off-set i know i have one.

Depends on what kind of Waggy it is though. Yours is a regular Wagoneer, but the 86+ Grand Waggys had D44 rears as well, no idea what their offset is. I know the D44 rear in my Cherokee is offset, don't remember it being too extreme though.
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    offset axles are only on wagoneers and cherokees with an automatic transmission that are built in 1979 and older. They have a passenger drop front diff

You need a front axle from a 1980 or newer and all of them were center rear diff and drivers side front.

READ

1980 and newer includes vacuum disco fronts and AMC20 rears though.

Anyways, back to my original question. Wheres this waggy hes getting parts from at? I could care less about its axles or anything your neighbor needs from it, just interested in interior parts and such I could steal off of it for my Cherokee.

what kind of interior parts you need i have a 79 waggy some goood parts tan color
    junior burrell || 88 mj & 77 j-10->soon to be diesel & 79 amx & 68 javelin || amc rules !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junior88mj
    what kind of interior parts you need i have a 79 waggy some goood parts tan color

I'll have to check what exactly I need next time I head to Corpus, I know its a buncha random interior parts and such.