Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mongo

Different springs.

Are you buying the center piece for the xmember from fror or are you going to get it made?

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    Different springs.
    Huh?

I just bought the FROR center plate since it probally would have been a headache to make and was only 50 bucks with hardware

Something with about that same length as the long side of the stock springs. Isn't there a 56" chevy spring that's centered?

Leaf springs suck anyway. Just build 2 antiwarp bars and a trac bar and set some curly springs between the axle and frame.

curly springs can wait until I'm not on a timeline and broke. As for using other springs, why? I got the F150 springs for dirt cheap, they look like they will flex well, and actually decrease my departure angle, no matter how I mount them. The chevy springs may be centered, but what good does that do me? I still have to build all new mounts for them, plus they have more rear over hang

first rule of building a rig, is dont listen to kopecki. second rule of building a rig, is dont listen to kopecki.

fawking UPS. I went down to my girlfriends apartment for a few minutes, and when i came back, there was a huge package sitting by my door. Inside where my shocks and dual case adapter. What pisses me off is none of my lights were on, so its obvious no one was home, and the guy just left it sitting there, underneath the apartment walkway lights in plain view of highway 6. How long do you think it would have stayed there if I hadn't come home right away? Plus the box has been seriously mauled like everything else that UPS handles

I was thinking 28" was close to 27.5" so you could reuse the stock shackle hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    fawking UPS. I went down to my girlfriends apartment for a few minutes, and when i came back, there was a huge package sitting by my door. Inside where my shocks and dual case adapter. What pisses me off is none of my lights were on, so its obvious no one was home, and the guy just left it sitting there, underneath the apartment walkway lights in plain view of highway 6. How long do you think it would have stayed there if I hadn't come home right away? Plus the box has been seriously mauled like everything else that UPS handles

they don't care about their jobs or the packages they deliver. My buddy in htown just bought a nikon digital slr and they left the $1400 camera, that was marked "Sensitive Electronics", that was supposed to be signature confirmed, sitting on his front porch when it was pouring down rain 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it was all taped up and enclosed in plastic, cause the box was a mess when he got home.

lowballing someone
    do you already have the h2's cause i have a set for sale in my garage
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

yeah, I picked up a set from sharpe

This 4runner is gonna kill me yet. I've cut up several toys of different vintages, several much older and rustier than this one, and have never had as many problems getting bolts loose. I've broken three 3/8 ratchets, and several sockets. At least its all craftsmen, so I can warranty it. I think I'm gonna go to sears tommorow and see if they have a 12mm and 14mm socket for a 1/2 drive ratchet.

2 inch body lift and front hanger installed

Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 01-11-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Parked 2 days and a rat has allready tore into my wiring and vacuum lines

The gas tank on these 4runners hang really low, and therefore takes a real beating. On my old truck, I moved the tank to between the rear frame rails, where its a perfect fit and is tucked up and protected really well. The only problem was I had to lengthen my stock high pressure fuel line. At the time I could not find the barbed metric fittings needed to build my own, so I had Bryan Hoes do it for me. The cost was insane. So once again, I'm considering moving the tank, and spent alot of time looking for the right fittings with no luck. Well I dropped the tank a few days ago, and was shocked to see the barbed fittings I was looking for allready there.