Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Mongo

okay, I guess the first step on this thing is fixing up the interior, or more importantly, gutting it. One thing I need to figure out is what seats to go with. From our discussion here, and research on the internet, I think I'm going with beards or PRPs. http://www.redart.com/ http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html PRPs were better priced for the most part, but with my size I think I would need the wider version, which cost a little more. Then I found these beards.
    They look like they would work well in a daily driver, and a company here in texas has them listed for a better price then I've found them elsewhere. http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_i...roducts_id=705 Plus I could possibly pick them up to save on shipping. Anyone ever heard of this BC Broncos?

never heard of them, but I bet shipping would be cheaper unless you just hapened to be out there in the area...

you also get about $40 of tax on them

true about the tax thing. I may just get the prps, and order one wide seat for my big ass

Tax offsets the savings on shipping, but you're helping out a Texas company. I think wide seats are in my future as well...

that place is 250+ miles from College Station. 500 miles RT. If he drives the 4runner @ 19 mpg that's $71 in fuel plus a whole day driving. not worth driving there IMO. Just call them up and ask if they will come off the price some b/c you are a texas customer and you have to pay tax. if they balk, buy it somewhere else.

okay, since I have today off, but can't go to 47 this afternoon (medical reasons), I decided to take a little time and mess around with the 4runner this morning. I confirmed that it had been hit in the rear. I kinda figured something like this had happened since it had that wierd chrome bumper on back. The rear frame rails past the shackle are a little messed up, but the damage isn't to bad. It does present a small problem, as it common to move the rear hangers back to mount longer springs. It can still be done, but will take more work. Or I may try to stick to my plan of linking the rear. I want to do that anyway, but have been leary of the cost and how it will handle on the street

I also began stripping the interior, and I think I can reuse my stock sliders with some aftermarket seats. In my old truck I just used some tubing to mount to, but this was alot of work, and couldn't be adjusted. I hope to order the new seats this week.

I'm also trying to figure out if I should go with a internal cage, or a exo. I don't really care for how exos look, plus they hurt gas mileage. But a internal cage takes up alot of room in a already cramped cab

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    okay, I guess the first step on this thing is fixing up the interior, or more importantly, gutting it. One thing I need to figure out is what seats to go with. From our discussion here, and research on the internet, I think I'm going with beards or PRPs. http://www.redart.com/ http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html PRPs were better priced for the most part, but with my size I think I would need the wider version, which cost a little more. Then I found these beards.
    They look like they would work well in a daily driver, and a company here in texas has them listed for a better price then I've found them elsewhere. http://bcbroncos.com/store/product_i...roducts_id=705 Plus I could possibly pick them up to save on shipping. Anyone ever heard of this BC Broncos?

They built my custom 24 gallon gas tank for my bronco. It was pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    okay, lets step away from the tire and axle stuff for a while, and talk about some of the easier mods I want to do first.

To begin, like I said earlier, I would like to do a flat belly if possible. In order to make it easier, I think I'm going to do a small bodylift, like 1 inch or so. This will also make it easier to attach sliders and stuff.

As for my rocksliders, I'm going to build something like this

son of a ...
    John you sold them my idea, didn't you, you barstid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

haha, I had this same idea for a while now (its just so simple), and was surprised to see someone selling it, especially for what they want for the one in the picture (they want like 300 bucks for those things). They gotta be nuts

if eric can build them, anyone can

maybe someday I'll become a fabbing badass like you and be able to put a chevy drivetrain in a scout

oh, I see you "wheeled" yesterday...that explains it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

crap. i forgot the flipoff dude and eric got mad. you need to spend more time on here, you're getting soft.

well, the taco sold today for cash. So I took some of the money left after paying it off and bought a D60. Now its time to start collecting the rest of the stuff I'll need. I'm aiming to do the SAS during the christmas holidays, though there is always the chance I may try to do it sooner