Thread: raised motor mounts

lowballing someone

raised motor mounts

ive been looking for raised motor mounts for the jeep(6 cyl) and can't find 2 or 3 inches all i have seen are 1 inch, and i need more than that. anyone have a link, or a pair sitting around
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

is there even enough room to raise the motor 2 or 3 inches?

lowballing someone
    i'm doing a 2-3" body lift to clear the clocked transfer case so i don't have to cut/beat the tub
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

so your drive train is going to be pointing up? ...and in a bind? what will that do to the front DS? Seems it would bind the front driveline up (at least decrease the angle)b/c by raising the motor you are pointing the front out put up. If you clocked the case to get the front output lower what's the point? you lowered your breakover angle then.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    M.O.R.E. probably has em'.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

lowballing someone
    the point of clocking the tcase is so that i can make my flat skid plate, and since i'm moving the tranny and tcase mount up a few inches i need to do the same with the motor so that everything sits level and the angles for the f and r drive shaft are more normal

I don't think anyone makes a motor mount that's raised more than an inch. I'm pretty sure that'll put your front driveshaft in a bad bind...

why don't you just not clock the 300 up as far.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

lowballing someone
    a posability, i'm going almost flat(just past where the tranny mount is) and as far as the motor mounts i know i saw 2" ones a while ago and that would make me happy but they seem to have disappeared off the market as far as i can see, if i can only find 1" then i might as well leave mine as they are

1 inch does make a difference, but it might drop the case depending on how far past the tranny mount it is
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

I just put a little drop in my skid plate. Still got the drivetrain up a little from stock. That d300 unclocked is the real problem anyway. Raising it also gives more problems with short cj5 driveshaft.

motor mount lift = ghetto, even 1"

yeah maybe it is a jeep thing - but i think this is the first time i have ever heard of anything like that
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

lowballing someone
    the raised motor mounts realign the motor and tranny in correct geometry after you go from a 3 inch drop or so skid plate to a flat one

make them use shackle buschings and pipe that they fit inside of and make them as tall as you want as long as guset them or make spacers to put under the 1" mounts out of 1"x1" heavy wall sqare tube
    junior burrell || 88 mj & 77 j-10->soon to be diesel & 79 amx & 68 javelin || amc rules !!!!!!!!