Thread: rebuild AX15?

jeepmanyj

Question rebuild AX15?

my transmission is on its way out in all gears and was wondering if anybody had gotten theirs rebuilt here in town and how much it costs... or if anyone had any idea where i could get a used one. i have no idea what they go for at a junkyard. thanks in advance

I just had my T-176 rebuilt in town for about $300. That was a new mainshaft, syncros and main bearing. I pulled the tranny and took it to them.

J&P Standard Transmission
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

BigRedFord04

Post J&P

I took my tranny to J&P also. I pulled it myself and $588 later I had new shift forks, synchros and 5th and Reverse gear assembly (which I'm still kinda sketchy about whether it really needed or not). Overall opinion is neutral since it squeaks going into 3rd and has started popping out of 5th for no apparent reason on the highway...

they warentee theie work, if you are having problem, take it back to james and he will honor his work.

then again, it could be because you drowned it a couple of times.

for the price I've seen them go for in junkyards around here it would almost be cheaper swapping in a 4 speed. I think rebuild would be a better option if you drop it and reinstall it yourself