Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plans for the blazer over Christmas

Plans for the blazer over Christmas

Ok, so i've been wanting to make the blazer a flat bed for a while. I've tried to think of ways to do this without making it look like a total pile or .... So i started thinking i could cut the bed off right behind the tail lights and then weld it back on right behind the door. So it would look like a pickup cab, kinda. Then make something out of the old top that would enclose it, because it still has to be my daily driver until i graduate AND get a job. I was discussing this with rex and he said a guy had done this sort of thing and sent me the link. Blazer Flatbed So this is kinda what i want to do. What do ya'll think???? Is it nasty??? - Doug
    Last edited by Doug Krebs; 10-18-2002 at 08:32 PM.

I dig the ride in the link. I say go for it!

Why not just repace the body with a pickup cab?

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Because that's not kustom!

BlackDog

Just do it

The pics of the other blazer looked good . . . except for having the tail lights up next to the cab as aforementioned in this thread. And then what are you gonna do with a tailgate there? I say just do it . . . and if you need any help let me know as I will be here most of the break. And maybe it will give me ideas on what I want to do to mine next. And if you are lucky Doug I will bring your girlfriend . . . haha!

OH MY YES!!!! Now i have something to lust over.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Doug, isn't there something better to waste your time with on that truck? cage? crawler box? coilovers? something???
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

I think should tear it apart and keep only the unreliable parts, then build a rockbuggy out of them

Originally posted by robertf03
    I think should tear it apart and keep only the unreliable parts, then build a rockbuggy out of them
    Or, he could just buy your 5...

BigRedFord04
    krebs, you goofy bastard, you worry me

personaly, I think it looks like ass. You allready have a "sport utility", what would it gain you? Afterwards, it would be less practical and more front heavy, but I guess each to there own.

What are you going to do for a rear window? After you are done, it is going be a tuck without the bed, abit with a shorter wheel base.

If it is something you like, then go for it and ignore what I have said. If it is for more practical reasons (haul more stuff, better clearance) I think you will be missing your mark and will end up unhappy.

From that perspective, you should seriously consider the truck cab. Then, at least, you can always put you body back on and it will unhacked to boot. Also, I think you will miss the convertable aspects of you current setup.

But what do I know

Spears
    Currently driving a topless/doorless Scout II in the rain.

Brandon...You, much like myself, have no room to talk about practical or lightweight vehicles. We're building Scouts

Myself especially. What did I do with my heavy IH engine? I ditched it in favor of a heavier Ford engine! Now that's intelligent!

BlackDog
    I hate to diverge from the topic at hand, but in regards to Jackasic have you ever heard, "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." No one was asking for a functional analysis of the project as I am sure Doug has his own reasons. And in regards to you stating "But what do I know" . . . apparently you only now how to give your two cents on everything that nobody would care to hear in the first place.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by BlackDog
    I hate to diverge from the topic at hand, but in regards to Jackasic have you ever heard, "It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." No one was asking for a functional analysis of the project as I am sure Doug has his own reasons. And in regards to you stating "But what do I know" . . . apparently you only now how to give your two cents on everything that nobody would care to hear in the first place.

Or, Brandon could have done like you just did. Be a newbie with 5 posts on the board and come off as a total d*ck. Nicely done.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Originally posted by BlackDog
    Great some 5 post newbie thinks he is the master of all knowledge When you have been around awhile, seen a few things, and ... who knows maybe actually have gone wheeling, then you can pipe off to me. Till then, you are some know-nothing who probably does not deserve the respect this post offers.

BTW, jackleg, Krabs did ask for opinions so I broke down different points to my argument and his, while providing different solution and potential problem. You input on the other hand, provided nothing other than to show that, yes - you are another ignorant noob.

When you have some seat time, come back. Till then keep to reading since you obviously have not grasped the finer points of social interaction. While your at it, go pick a copy of How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie. Evidently there is more you need to learn at TAMU other than your course work.
    Last edited by Jackasic; 10-22-2002 at 02:18 PM.