Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Fj Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Oh boy. Now we can have the showdown of the rice burning grocery getters. I'll have mine in town this very week.

-Old Man
    ouch...

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    ouch...
    no kidding...he compared your croozer to an x-terra
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ill be your pickup man
    So what happened with the Fab Fours bumper on Ultimate Adventure? I just read about it in 4W&O
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

If you want to take a stab at making your own bumper we have a welder at my house. I am going to have to start collecting money for torch gas and wire use though...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    So what happened with the Fab Fours bumper on Ultimate Adventure? I just read about it in 4W&O
    it flew off...

Greg grabbed some thin tubing at 3:00 am to mount a Jeep bumper to the Sami and the tubing ripped apart... Way to get your name in the funniest section about 20 times...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    oh really?!?! I didn't know that... hmm I might be looking at the Fab Four in a different light...

...especially if they want to help a college kid out who is paying for his truck and college off a single job...I am so in debt...
    Like I said Sunday, I'll be up there the 21st-24th and would be glad to bring one back with me to save you the shipping...
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    All-Pro: Looks good, but dont like the bolt on grill
    ARB: Looks light duty to me, and have heard lots of horror stories of ARB's
    Bent-Up: Looks b!tch!n, like the tow points too
    DO: Another that looks light duty, and dont care for the cut-outs
    Exp. One: Like the tow points
    Fab Four: If its as heavy as it looks, then might be a good buy, like the recessed lights
    L NW: Very different than the rest, might be alright in black on yours, but hard to imagine with all the yellow on that one!
    Warn: Not bad, but fog lights won't last 2 minutes on trail. No attatchment points, warn should know better.
    Ed about summed it up. All Pro is a great company now that grieger has left, but like Ed said, the bolt on hoop is kinda....yeah. They also have the larger hoop which is kinda different.
    The Bent Up one looks pretty sweet along with the Expedition One.
    The FabFours looks really beefy but doesn't have any protection for the lights or hood. I'm not sure what kind of discount they'll give, but they're kinda pricey.
    APOR also has a pretty sweet looking rear bumper.

I thought Marlin was supposed to be getting a FJ and come out with some stuff but maybe I'm confusing that with All Pro.
    Best looking FJC in town
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

i like the expo one - the bent up one is cool but not sure how i like the headlight rings. i would get specs on material thickness on them - and prices. if they are big diff in price that could def sway me. also talk to the biz and see how helpful they are.

i also noticed how much print rj and greg got - pretty cool
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Oh boy. Now we can have the showdown of the rice burning grocery getters. I'll have mine in town this very week.

-Old Man
    Nice play! Speaking of which, when was the last time you took Norm out wheeling?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

My .02 for which I won't argue if you disagree.

1. Do not use credit cards.

2. I like the three you have chosen. Right now, with them all looking good an none of the three sticking out, you need to factor in price AND how far each of them stick out from the front of the truck. Approach angle is huge in rock crawling.

3. Don't worry about that so-called performance ****. (cat back, k&n, etc) If you are going to wheel something that nice, you NEED protection. Before you go on any real trips (and damange your current armor), I'd get front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. Keep your stockers nice so you can Ebay them to recover some cost.

4. Ride with someone in Clayton, OK this October to see what goes on during a REAL trip.
    Last edited by Chadnutz; 09-12-2006 at 11:42 AM.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    ...I won't argue if you disagree.
    yeah right!
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    yeah right!
    Dude, whatever.. You don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    My .02 for which I won't argue if you disagree.

1. Do not use credit cards.

2. I like the three you have chosen. Right now, with them all looking good an none of the three sticking out, you need to factor in price AND how far each of them stick out from the front of the truck. Approach angle is huge in rock crawling.

3. Don't worry about that so-called performance ****. (cat back, k&n, etc) If you are going to wheel something that nice, you NEED protection. Before you go on any real trips (and damange your current armor), I'd get front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. Keep your stockers nice so you can Ebay them to recover some cost.

4. Ride with someone in Clayton, OK this October to see what goes on during a REAL trip.
    I agree with ya, on the rock sliders and the bumper and protection mods. I dont put much stock in performance pieces on this rig, at least not until the warranty is up.

I DO NOT agree with you on credit cards. I believe that if you have a card you pay off every month it helps build your credit and you have to have a certain amount of self control with your money, something i have not seen thus far from many people at our school. Me, I tend to do pretty well for my money, I am a senior, haven't taken a loan yet, school is getting paid for, and I am making the monthly payment on this FJ too. Mainly because of credit cards and qualifying for great financing.

I do hope to go to Clayton with ya'll and see some rock crawling.

By don't use them, I mean don't run up a balance. I understand the benefits of good credit. I did , afterall, get a new house right out of college that is too much of a chunk of my income. I owe that to credit cards and building up credit, I guess.

so is don't "use your credit cards" the new "don't wheel a full-size"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!