Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Fj Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    so is don't "use your credit cards" the new "don't wheel a full-size"?
    I say FVCK both of those!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    Nice play! Speaking of which, when was the last time you took Norm out wheeling?
    Its been about a year. But will be going again in October, hopefully.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Its been about a year. But will be going again in October, hopefully.

-Mark
    2nd Annual TAMOR Trail Oktoberfest in Gilmer??!?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun
    I cringed when I opened this thread. Stop wheeling the FJ now, nothing good will come from this.
    Wow I really didn't think i would be met with such pessimistic outlooks from this group. Maybe it looks like I wasted my 35 bucks by joining an organization that would rather see me sit on the sidelines than have a little fun. I guess you all must think I am crazy for doing this, thats fine. Ain't nothing going to stop me from wheeling this thing. I bought it for one thing, and one thing only, to take it OFF ROAD. Now I am going to keep on treating it nice and not damage it too much, but I just didn't expect so many people to kick my dream in the gut.

If you think i am crazy for wheeling this, Then take a look what I did this summer. I took a stock lexus GX470 to 13,000 ft and back up engineer's pass at the Alpine Loop in Colorado. Some pretty steep climbs, some really big rocks, but I used the vehicle for what is meant for, off roading...

A lexus was meant for offroading?!?!
    Good thing I'm looking at getting an IS next year

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Wow I really didn't think i would be met with such pessimistic outlooks from this group.

thats the norm around here. get used to it and its a rather fun group to be around. dont take anything personally, unless it's coming from jerry. he's the resident offender.

Wow I really didn't think i would be met with such pessimistic outlooks from this group. Maybe it looks like I wasted my 35 bucks by joining an organization that would rather see me sit on the sidelines than have a little fun. I guess you all must think I am crazy for doing this, thats fine. Ain't nothing going to stop me from wheeling this thing. I bought it for one thing, and one thing only, to take it OFF ROAD. Now I am going to keep on treating it nice and not damage it too much, but I just didn't expect so many people to kick my dream in the gut.
    Dude take it easy. We'd love to see you beat the **** out of it! Seriously though, some of us have been down this road and know the final result. From the way I saw you wheel at 47 I predict this thing will look like creighton's jeep in a year.

If you wheel it, accidents will happen, period. I'm not talking scratches either.

I cringe at the thought of getting dents in my 96 F150. This is what most of us are getting at, Why take the risk of beating up a brand new vehicle? It's much more fun to buy something older and not worry about it.

Either way, I'll support the thrashing.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

We aren't trying to piss in your Cheerios, so don't get upset. There are just a few of us that have lightly played with vehicles that were our daily drivers that still had payments to be made, and we have all seen it more than enough times...

I started out with a stock TJ that started to get modified during my freshman year, and by my sophomore year it was dying on a weekly basis and by that Christmas I HAD to have a second vehicle.

All of that was a result of ONE trip to Alto in which I sank it in a puddle that looked smaller than it was. We aren't trying to discourage you from taking it offroad or modifying it. We are trying to make sure you don't get too far in to modifying a vehicle and then regretting it in a few months when you realize you have a vehicle that should be in perfect shape but isn't.

You seem sensible, so just keep things normal and don't try anything unless you're ok with the possible outcome. If all else fails, I'm sure you have full coverage insurance...

Oh guys I was joking, that is why I threw up the Lexus pics. I am going to off road my baby, I am going to be cautious with her and wont do anything too extreme with her, I was just trying to get back at the dude who said he would cringe!

Oh and by the way that Lexus is pretty badass. Nothing but a Landcruiser Prado from overseas but it is full time fourwheel drive with an up and down hill assist thing that makes life pretty easy. I know, who the hell buys a lexus to take it off road and actually needs full time four wheel drive? NO BODY, so why do they have it, who the hell knows?!?! But outside of my 4 wheelers and a 3/4 ton crew cab chevy with a duramax (which is just a little big for those switchbacks in the mountains) it was what i had to wheel with, so i made the b!tch climb a mountain!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    But outside of my 4 wheelers and a 3/4 ton crew cab chevy with a duramax (which is just a little big for those switchbacks in the mountains) it was what i had to wheel with, so i made the b!tch climb a mountain!
    ..but you can't afford to get a second rig to beat on offroad?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    ..but you can't afford to get a second rig to beat on offroad?
    Ok I could sell my 4 wheeler and get a beater but i really LIKE my honda rancher, and the chevy is my dad's the lexus my mom's and the FJ is ALL me. Kind of a PITA as far as payments go but i have been obsessed with Toyota and FJ's since My parents brought home a 90 4-Runner and an 89 Supra straight off the lot on the same night.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    We'd love to see you beat the **** out of it!
    X2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

i know where one is
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

ill be your pickup man
    Wheel it. If you know how to drive and are not a dumbass you will have alot of fun. The whole "buy a beater" thing is Yeah, buy a Sami or a Yota, spend time/money doing this and that and take it out, do some obstacle that will break it, spend more time/money in the drivway polishing a turd, repeat. And it will never be as reliable as your FJ. This is Texas, the majority of any obstacle will have a bypass. Creightons TJ is the way it is because he wheeled the piss out of it.

My Bronco is a "beater" and some minor thing pisses me off every trip. AT BVORR is was the starter solenoid.

And the Alpine Loop can be done in most any stock 4x4. I spend two weeks in my fairly stock F150 all over that area and had a blast because the terrain pushed the limits of the truck I was in. It would have been insanely boring in the Bronco.

I can see that FJ going to Alto, BVORR, Katemcy, Hot Springs, and many other places we go and having a great time. Welcome to the club and nice rig.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Do whatever you want. Conlee has wheeled the **** out of his Jeep and it's still in decent shape. Everyone has their own idea of what you should do. Take the suggestions and then make your own decisions. Don't argue with them and always stand your ground because you are the one that you need to please...no one else. Take it from me. Once upon a time there was a 50 page thread on my truck buildup and at least 1/3 of it was arguing that probably reflected pretty poorly on the clup from the outside world. I still wish they'd bring it back and put it in the Kitchen locked or something. No TAMOR member should be without that piece of TAMOR legacy. Happy trails.