Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Fj Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    My Bronco is a "beater" and some minor thing pisses me off every trip. AT BVORR is was the starter solenoid.
    Your bronco used to be really nice though.

I don't regret trashing my Scout, I had a great time and made some lifelong friends along the way. It's just a truck, mine's still on the road/trail. Of course mine wasn't brand new, but it was nice.

My advice would be to ride along in Clayton or come out to Gilmer at the end of October. You'll be able to see what we are talking about. This group for the majority likes to rockcrawl. That means tight trails, big rocks, trees, rollovers, dents, exploding parts, etc. I wouldn't suggest putting a new rig through any of that, no matter what it is. What I think this club is scared of is someone coming out and destroying their new rig. Of course half the people in this club got their trail rig (including myself) this way, so to each his own. I'm excited to see an FJC in the club, makes us look diverse, you know vision 2020 and ****!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    X2 on what John B. and Nutz said. The whole purpose of our club is to go out and have fun wheeling, you DO NOT have to have some trail only beater p.o.s. just to get out there and go to events. Some of our members don't even own an offroad vehicle but they are still active in the club. Over time the image of the club has been skewed in which it is believed that everyone must have an extensively built rig just to not catch flack from people. That is not the case here, some of our old members might believe so, but that's just not how things are. Not everyone can afford to have a tow rig, trailer, and trail rig... You CAN have a STOCK vehicle, still wheel it, and have a good time.

Wheel your FJ, have fun, live and learn. Maybe someday you might decide to build something, but you've made it clear that that's not the case right now, so have fun with what you have.

As I've said before at almost every event we go to you can wheel and make it through the trails with a stock vehicle. Take Aggie Highway at Katemcy for example, Clayton, Steven, Tommy, and more all wheeled this trail with no issues and they still had a great time.
    Last edited by CheapJeep; 09-13-2006 at 01:22 PM.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    But outside of my 4 wheelers and a 3/4 ton crew cab chevy with a duramax (which is just a little big for those switchbacks in the mountains) it was what i had to wheel with, so i made the b!tch climb a mountain!

my dad did it in his red truck...

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    my dad did it in his red truck...
    my uncle has a pocketknife!

Robbie, did someone accidentally post under your name? That was good stuff!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    my uncle has a pocketknife!

i really should have made it hurt. as far as im concerned, i still owe you one stumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    thats the norm around here. get used to it and its a rather fun group to be around. dont take anything personally, unless it's coming from jerry. he's the resident offender.
    i aint saying nothing to no newbies, unless its "hey you wanna beer?", "You always feel the room spinning after three, hit this bottle of wild turkey that'll take the edge off", "Here pewk in this", "Nah just sleep it off here, I'll give your girlfriend a ride home".
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    hit this bottle of wild turkey that'll take the edge off

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    I can see that FJ going to Alto, BVORR, Katemcy, Hot Springs, and many other places we go and having a great time. Welcome to the club and nice rig.
    bottom line right there

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

, hit this bottle of wild turkey that'll take the edge off"
    You're still an *******.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    You're still an *******.
    you're still a b!tch, until you prove me wrong when next we meet
    So you loose, I win!

Wowsas... I didn't think bringing a new rig to the table would start such an interesting thread... I am really holding the popcorn now and enjoying this.

By the way I just found out I can sell my stock running boards that I have nothing in for about $450, put a little more money with that, maybe I might relive my original off road roots and buy an old SR5... You guys are really rubbing off on me. I am really considering this beater idea. Anybody got a good garage I can set up shop in? Unfortunately my barn is 2.5 hours away and my current place has only a concrete slab as one parking spot...

i aint saying nothing to no newbies, unless its "hey you wanna beer?", "You always feel the room spinning after three, hit this bottle of wild turkey that'll take the edge off", "Here pewk in this", "Nah just sleep it off here, I'll give your girlfriend a ride home".
    Ah to be a newbie to something when I am a Senior. It feels so good again. I have been in too many organizations over the years and maybe I am just a little set in my ways, but hey how about I bring out a brick of stones to the next little get together and we all have some fun the only way i know how

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    So use the FJ as a tow rig/expedition/camping rig, and get a beater to use on the fun stuff. You could easily find a old FJ for the cost of some of those bumpers you showed. If nothing else, hold off on buying something till after you go on a few trips as a passenger. I'm sure your thoughts on this matter will change alot after that.
    I like this Idea. I don't plan on rock crawling the new FJ and would love to ride along with anyone. I am not about to do a solid axle swap or put any kind of suspension that would allow the kind of wheel travel I want OR risk screwing it up beyond all repair. I am definately learning just from ya'lls stories, but I also want to see my FJ's practical limits. Keep on ranting guys...I am learning something.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Ah to be a newbie to something when I am a Senior. It feels so good again. I have been in too many organizations over the years and maybe I am just a little set in my ways, but hey how about I bring out a brick of stones to the next little get together and we all have some fun the only way i know how
    I like him already
    So you loose, I win!

You should take on as many modifications as you can at one time. Selling parts off of it is a great way to finance future mods and/or beer. And if you don't think you'll have time to finish it, take it from me....it's still just a theory, but I know one of these days my cruiser will fix itself.
    BDR

I hate the damn running boards anyways and sliders would be a very nice PROTECTIVE mod to help out when i find myself in a situation where i was.....how do i say....stupid?

There are a few ways to keep your rig pretty and wheel it.

4.) Stay away from following people like me or Eric,
    3.) Don't enjoy hitting ****
    2.) Be gentle with the throttle
    1.) Stay away from tight trails w/ trees

I think the FJ is sweet, do with it as you wish, but remember that you are making payments on it and it is your DD. You don't want to compromise you DD so you can do more off-road. I did and it was a horrible decision, I had to buy a truck just so I could reliably get to work.

Oh and jerry, Wild Turkey, or in my case Jack Single Barrell doesn't take the edge off, you just end up sleeping on the floor.
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?