Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Fj Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    Oh and jerry, Wild Turkey, or in my case Jack Single Barrell doesn't take the edge off, you just end up sleeping on the floor.
    kissing the toilet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007
    1.) Stay away from tight trails w/ trees
    Yeah learned that lesson this weekend at BVORR. Following Robert and his F-100 up a hill that had a nice tight trail on the other side of it. We all winced inside of the FJ as i took a nice branch right down the side of the FJ. Nothing a high speed buffer and some wax didn't take care of on Monday tho!

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209
    So find a cheap REAL FJ and wheel that.
    A sentence like that usually has rust bucket included. You'll be hard pressed to find a 40 that is in good condition and ready to go for a reasonable price. Complete basketcases go for what some nice jeeps go for.

I think some of you guys think he is going to take it to Katemcy and first off try to take it up Baby Hughie's Crack. From the type of stuff he has done in the past, the FJC will handle it fine. I don't think he's going for the extreme rock crawling just yet.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    We all winced inside of the FJ as i took a nice branch right down the side of the FJ. Nothing a high speed buffer and some wax didn't take care of on Monday tho!
    This statement right here pretty much sums up what the club is trying to say. If you value your paint enough to worry about tree limb scratches, be very careful of who you follow up trails and what trails you go on. Just know your limits. What I used to do is just follow somebody who was similarly equipped to me that had more experience wheeling and just watch how they pick lines on trails and see how their path up the obstacle worked out before heading up. Another thing is to have a good spotter that you trust. Don't let people you haven't wheeled with before spot you. You may come off as somewhat of a prick, but they might not know how particular you are about your vehicle and at least it might save your fender or rocker.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    I think some of you guys think he is going to take it to Katemcy and first off try to take it up Baby Hughie's Crack. From the type of stuff he has done in the past, the FJC will handle it fine. I don't think he's going for the extreme rock crawling just yet.
    Yes! Joseph understands me! thank god someone does....

Yeah if you ask the guys out there the scratches didn't bug me, but why not do something about it to make your DD look nice when you can? Sh!t happens, scratches happen, dents happen, but you are right I prefer not to scratch it but if it happens you take care of it. Nothing wrong in taking pride in the way your DD looks, now if i had a beater that is different. I will sacrifice a couple of scratches to feel the way i did when i made it up the hill on sunday... I was taking the FJC's off road virginity there and lets just say it was the best virgin i have ever had.... (come to think about it maybe the only....i gotta stop drinking so much...)

There are plenty of trails you can do. Some people on here just like to have a crappy vehicle so they have something to waste time and money on. With just some bumpers and sliders you'll be able to wheel full weekends at gilmor or katemcy. That thing should be pretty capable allready with a locker and limited slip. Aggie highway can be done by just about any stock vehicle. And you shouldn't have any problem with waterfall. There's only 2 spots that body damage is likely and you can go around them.

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    you want a unique toyota, that you can trash and still screw with the people here cause they don't think it should be wheeled? Theres a FJ-80 for sale over by wolf pen car wash for less than 3k.
    its got some miles, still prob worth a couple K
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

yeah, but for that price, the mileage isn't bad. Plus that one uses a fuel injected version of the older cruiser engine (3FE), so replacements are much cheaper than the newer engines. Hell, you could even stick a 2F from a FJ-40 into it, and the fuel injection will still bolt on and work, and you'll even gain some power. Plus its been there for a while, so I bet he could get it much cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    If you want to take a stab at making your own bumper we have a welder at my house. I am going to have to start collecting money for torch gas and wire use though...
    Don't let Cox read that.... let the flaming begin!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I found a guy up in dallas selling a bad ass 1st gen runner but he wants 4.5K but it is already trail ready.....

Anybody else drinking tonight? I am getting there quickly but i have reason to celebrate because i am getting my freaking ring tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    If you value your paint enough to worry about tree limb scratches, be very careful of who you follow up trails and what trails you go on. Just know your limits. What I used to do is just follow somebody who was similarly equipped to me that had more experience wheeling and just watch how they pick lines on trails and see how their path up the obstacle worked out before heading up. Another thing is to have a good spotter that you trust. Don't let people you haven't wheeled with before spot you. You may come off as somewhat of a prick, but they might not know how particular you are about your vehicle and at least it might save your fender or rocker.

Amen. Don't worry, you can follow me. I have one of THE OTHER FJ Cruisers in the club. Schubring can also help. He has a Patrol. That's a Nissan FJ. Joseph too, he's practically stock. You've come to the right place, you're in good hands.
    Last edited by davido; 09-13-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

It is taking every last drop of my self control to not further contribute to this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    It is taking every last drop of my self control to not further contribute to this thread
    Please contribute...please! I am on my 8th glas of sangria and sprite after staringt off with 3 or 4 beers. all of this is starting to sink in mnow.

ohh, that sounds like good stuff. I can't wait to wheel with you
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Newbie drunk posting, he is fitting in well