Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Fj Cruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Rear isnt that bad, drivers side blind spot ehhh, passenger side blind spot HUGE. I damn near ran two people off the road the first night i got it.
    hmm, then you should definitely try to figure out some kinda of mirror system or something similar if you take it out on the trail. In my experience, if you notice the blind spot alot on the street, then it will be magnified greatly on the trail.

stinger7401
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    hmm, then you should definitely try to figure out some kinda of mirror system or something similar if you take it out on the trail. In my experience, if you notice the blind spot alot on the street, then it will be magnified greatly on the trail.
    I think you should make it have a removable top, it would clean up the blind spots. Sawzall, anyone, anyone, ok....no sawzall.

Ok Just wanted to make a little Update on what is going on with the FJ. Started a few mods this weekend, nothing spectacular but notable i think. Numero uno:

Aggie Airconditioning:
    Ok this little thing is funny. I made a leash of sorts for my back window. It allows me to keep my back window open for wheeling purposes so it allows a free flow of air without hitting trees and yet tricks my FJ into NOT thinking there is a door open. It is very handy because if you roll the front windows alone down in the FJ it is like a flipping tornado inside. It isn't pretty but i made it out of parts of a horse lead so what you see is what you get you know? Here is a pic:

Sliders
    I started making sliders this weekend at my ranch, got about a half days work in on em too. They are going to be made out of 2" OD square tubing and 2" OD pipe. The round pipe is actually an OLD trampoline frame, but was suprisingly very heavy duty. I am using the trampoline frame because it already has 90 degree bends in it and makes it a hell of a lot easier when you don't have to bend anything. I also used a saddle cutting press to make the cross members and have half welded up parts of them. they will be completed the weekend after this one when i go back home. here is a pic of them in progress:

Front Bumper
    I am now seriously considering a new front bumper. The All-Pro front bumper is available to me for $599, an additional $69 for a light hoop, and $65 for shipping. It is normally 799 for this bumper and is light weight yet heavy duty, supports the Warn 9.5XP winch (i would probably modify it to fit the M8000) and has a couple of shackle mounts to mount D-rings for tow points. Has great approach angle and i am really considering it. So just need to sell a TV and something else since i just sold some running boards and a spare tire cover for some change and i might be able to afford it. I have to decide if i want it this weekend tho as my deal expires early next week. here is a picture of the bumper i am looking at getting:

compared to my stock bumper:

Also the All-Pro comes unfinished so i would have to figure out what kind of paint i want to paint it, I heard durabek scratchless paint was good, and maybe just powdercoating, i dunno what do ya'll think?

paint, because if you have to do welding on it, you would burn up that pretty powder coating, but if you have paint, ya can just touch it up with a rattle can.

Man that bumper doesn't look like it would be to bad to build. Maybe $150 in steel? You could almost buy a mig welder for the difference.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I would vote for plain ol' paint too cause one way or the other its gonna get scratched up. Why would you modify the bumper to put a smaller winch in?
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    I would vote for plain ol' paint too cause one way or the other its gonna get scratched up. Why would you modify the bumper to put a smaller winch in?
    money

money
    If you're gonna roll with us you will need all the winch you can get at some point, thats why I have an M12000

J/k, I've actually never used my winch in a recovery, just to drag my broken down pile of **** onto the trailer...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I agree with robert, you can never have too much winch. As far as price goes, you may want to look into the plain old Warn XD9000. Good pulling power and no frills to jack the price up.

The lanyard trick is pretty cool. Are you only using that on the highway? Seems like it wouldn't be safe for the glass to be hanging out like that on the trail.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    The lanyard trick is pretty cool. Are you only using that on the highway? Seems like it wouldn't be safe for the glass to be hanging out like that on the trail.
    Actually the hydraulics that grab the window and keep it open hold it taught and keep it open. It is pretty nice. I have already cut through my pasture bouncing around at about 30 mph and it stayed open well.

Looks good!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Do this.

'73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Ah the Ultimate Adventure FJ, Notice the Solid Axle Swap, 39's and FabFour Bumper. They also put a URD supercharger on it so i think it took it from around 239 HP to about 330. Also notice that it was once Yellow and they did the really bad paint job.... Hear are some updated pics of this cruiser...

And the original "Spy" Photo

Yup. So when do your 39s arrive?
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

The day All Pro offroad releases the SAS kit!!!