2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

chech out the trailer man in houston, they are cheap.

A new 16' x 76" angle top utility with 2 3500# axles and used tires can be had for $750. The pipe top are a little more but all the ones I found use sprinkler pipe, which is actually cheaper than the angle iron. The pipe top 16' x 83" is about $950. Add $150-200 for new tires, and about $150 per axle for brakes if you want. Pick up an equipment trader, plenty for sale in there.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I picked up my 16' car hauler for $1400, tandem axle, trailer brakes, ramps, etc. The place is right off of 59 on the feeder road by 242.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

fbronco86
    I would hold out for a 18-20 foot car hauler they pull alot better

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Like Mike said, I would go for an 18'. Mine is a 16' and I wish I had an 18'. I think 20' might be too long.

I would look for an 18' tandem axle with trailer brakes. 3500# (5 lug) axles will work, but if you can get heavier (not mobile home) I would definately do that. Oh electric brakes, not hydraulic.

Something like Sharpes trailer, but wider and 18' instead of 20'

You probably oculd just about buy a new 18' tandem 3500 with brakes for 1500.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    Like Mike said, I would go for an 18'. Mine is a 16' and I wish I had an 18'. I think 20' might be too long.

I would look for an 18' tandem axle with trailer brakes. 3500# (5 lug) axles will work, but if you can get heavier (not mobile home) I would definately do that. Oh electric brakes, not hydraulic.

Something like Sharpes trailer, but wider and 18' instead of 20'

You probably oculd just about buy a new 18' tandem 3500 with brakes for 1500.

There is a place in porter trout tire/trailer. Its on 1314 between loop 494 and hwy 59. I was talking to him about trailers awhile back. You can get a 16 for 1500 and a 18 was 1650 or something.

Semi-false alarm....

I'm coming into some money from work, illegal gambling, racketeering, mail fraud, etc. and was going to use it to buy a trailer, even got clearance from the little lady.....

Then I got back to her house on Sun and remembered how little furniture she has, so I think I might do the adult thing and buy some super-fun furniture, so we can live like white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Semi-false alarm....

I'm coming into some money from work, illegal gambling, racketeering, mail fraud, etc. and was going to use it to buy a trailer, even got clearance from the little lady.....

Then I got back to her house on Sun and remembered how little furniture she has, so I think I might do the adult thing and buy some super-fun furniture, so we can live like white people.

I like my trailer, the biggest things I would change about it though are First and foremost, make the deck wider (avoid 76" wide deck like the plague, most stock trucks wont fit between the fenders) and second, get 8 lug axles (so I only have to carry one spare). I like the 20' deck though, I can put pigpen on there and still have plenty of room for some of the other **** I always seem to be dragging around.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Semi-false alarm....

overrated and

I'd get a straight up car hauler, you can always put stake pockets on it and make sides for it like Grayson's wonderhauler!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

You dont even need sides. When I helped Cook move we used CJ's trailer and didnt even strap any of his furniture down cause it started to rain on us and we didnt lose anything on the trip halfway across CS, not even a chair.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Sides are good if you're gonna haul anything besides a car.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    I'd get a straight up car hauler, you can always put stake pockets on it and make sides for it like Grayson's wonderhauler!
    It would get awkward walking around with that big of an erection though
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    I am kinda dissapointed that grayson did not chime in on the good deal he got on his trailer.