Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: custom u-bolts

custom u-bolts

I want to perform an u-bolt flip on my 85 cj7 and i have the plates from an 80s 1/2 ton dodge pickup that i got from a picknpull. But i still need the u bolts needed. I need 8 square u-bolts, that are 2.5" wide by 6" long. Does anyone know where i can get some, maybe custom made. Or does anyone have them. They can be longer and i can always cut them down. It's just important that they are 2.5" wide.

Orielleys has them or can order them. Same with carquest.

BIGJIMMY
    I know a place down in austin, which i happen to be going there most likely next weekend on the tech game, (which sux), but as far as i know they are the only ones around that make custom ones, and right on the spot too. I will call them and get a price and see if they do square u bolts.

Look in the phonebook for truck equipment/repair places. There's a place in Corpus that does fleet repairs and they make any size/shape u-bolts you need. They also have leaf spring retainers (to keep them from fanning out) for any width spring.

i'd avoid having some made. can be very expensive. should be able to find some in a parts store that'll work for you

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

Having them made in Corpus was about 1/3 of the cost of new ones from any parts store Help! section...

huh, the one time i checked on having some made, it was ridiculous. probably saw me coming mile away

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

This is the place.

I don't think they make them to ship, but you could at least get a ballpark price...

http://www.thecityofcorpuschristi.co...ice/index.html

They have a BADA$$ machine shop with about a dozen mexicans and a couple of rednecks that rebuild brake shoes and machine drums for OTR trucks and busses. One of the wacko rednecks makes the u-bolts in a HUGE old press, then he hammers the fawk out of it on a cartoon-style anvil. It's worth the drive down to Corpus just to see this guy work.
    Last edited by bburris; 09-22-2006 at 11:09 AM.

thanks everyone, and if "bigjimmy" could check on that for me and see that woud be awesome. Thanks for evryones help and quick reponses.

True Hollywood Stry
    ill check our garage we may have some laying around somewhere in all of our parts.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

fbronco86
    I know a place in houston pruitt spring.

Quote Originally Posted by bburris
    Having them made in Corpus was about 1/3 of the cost of new ones from any parts store Help! section...
    Ruben's Fleet Service kicks ass! I've had like 6 or 7 sets made there and they are either a little cheaper or the same price as anywhere else, they were local for me, and they can make ANY size or style that you need. I dont remember the crazy guy's name but yes he is deffinately a hoot. All of the ones on pigpen are from there.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Napa always has them, and if they aren't in stock they can usually get them for you within a day. I also know of a couple places in Houston that make custom u-bolts for reasonable prices and have them done pretty quick.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

got my last set at gooseneck on 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BIGJIMMY
    I can call tomorrow and find out exactly how much, i guess you need 4 of them right, or 8? and is that measurement from the inside of the ubolts or on the outside of the ubolts? and how tall? But it turns out that i am going to austin this weekend, so i most likely will be able to get you some, and im pretty sure they arent that expensive.