Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crewcab wont start

ill be your pickup man
    I am not 100%, but I don't think Optimas are suppose to last any longer that other battteries. I know the red tops have a 3yr warranty, but I wouldn't expect much more. In the past 6 months or so, we have gotten ALOT of Optimas back on warranty, most only lasting 1-2 yrs. I had one in the Bronco that only lasting 3 yrs. (most time spent in the Bronco in the garage). When my Motorcraft battery kicks it, I think I might go with and Exide
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Exides are a new closed cell one right? What kind does Feller have in the buggy? I think its a Odessy or something similar but I'm not sure. Does anyone else make dry cells? I decided its not worth the expense to have a dry cell battery in the crewcab but I would like to keep one in pigpen. I still have another red top and the bigass yellow top for pigpen, but since my charger is apparently broken and they are both deader than **** right now they aren't much help.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Exides are a new closed cell one right? What kind does Feller have in the buggy? I think its a Odessy or something similar but I'm not sure. Does anyone else make dry cells? I decided its not worth the expense to have a dry cell battery in the crewcab but I would like to keep one in pigpen. I still have another red top and the bigass yellow top for pigpen, but since my charger is apparently broken and they are both deader than **** right now they aren't much help.

I can put it on our trickle charger at work. Most yellow tops take several days on our trickle charger though. I wokr tomorrow 10-5
    Last edited by JB; 10-02-2006 at 10:29 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    I can put it on our trickly charger at work. Most yellow tops take several days on our trickle charger though. I wokr tomorrow 10-5
    great minds think alike....

I have taken a few optimas (reds, yellows and BLUES) that the miltary gets rid of and brought them back to life with the trickle charger...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I've heard from different sources that because of the increase in warranty issues, optima has raised their prices. I bought my redtop 8 months ago for $100, now they're close to $180.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

buy a good charger with a low amp feature(trickle) somewhere. probably not at harbor freight.

wally world batteries are good enough for me. 700 CCA with 3yr free replacement warrenty. $65. i got one and with new starter/solenoid/cables it turns the fords 360 over as fast as the chevys motor.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

I have a red top from 97. I bought it from lance probably in 2000. It still works like a champ.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by RCook527
    buy a good charger with a low amp feature(trickle) somewhere. probably not at harbor freight.

wally world batteries are good enough for me. 700 CCA with 3yr free replacement warrenty. $65. i got one and with new starter/solenoid/cables it turns the fords 360 over as fast as the chevys motor.
    Probably 50% of the batteries we take in as cores are Everstarts

I think out redtops are like $129, buty yeah, I remember years abck when they were $100 at 4WPW.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I think I'm gonna go to sears sometime soon and checkout their big roll-around chargers. I have one at my shop but I broke the knob off of it and its prety old so I'm gonna look into getting a new one. Deffinately not a cheapo though.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I think I'm gonna go to sears sometime soon and checkout their big roll-around chargers. I have one at my shop but I broke the knob off of it and its prety old so I'm gonna look into getting a new one. Deffinately not a cheapo though.
    I think sam's has the big roll around chargers. Not sure what brand though. I have an "electronic" charger from walmart. They are supposed to be "smart" and change the amps and automatically shut off. From what I've read online they don't charge optimas very well for some reason.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

We bought a schultz or some sh it at ho'reilly's. It's a big roll around one. I'm not sure how I lived my life without it. I know I wasted a lot of time waiting for that little sh itty 20 year old charger to kick back on that's for sure. Buy a badass one, I think it was $120 or so and well worth it.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Exides are a new closed cell one right? What kind does Feller have in the buggy?
    I used an exide orbital in my buggy, and will be using one in the 4runner as well. I had a yellow top optima die in less than a year, and just wasn't happy with it for its cost. I got the deep charge excide from napa for less than a hundred bucks, and it worked great. Nothing seemed to faze it. Plus I loved the way it had the two holes through the middle of it that allowed me to build a simple battery tie down