Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: tubing

how much would I need for a tie rod and a drag link on a d60? 8 foot? Like I said before, I'll take 100 ft of the 1.75x.120 dom and whatever I need for steering

ok we can split the steering stuff that way I can get a length
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

i want in on steering stuff too, but a different size. ill let you know when sharpe gets back to me.

True Hollywood Stry
    Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    how much would I need for a tie rod and a drag link on a d60? 8 foot? Like I said before, I'll take 100 ft of the 1.75x.120 dom and whatever I need for steering
    i would get 8 in case you screw something up, or the spare piece makes a nice people beater or ghetto hammer, but 6 would prolly be enough unless you mess something up. im thinking me and clarke used around five or five and a half, i can measure when i get back home today.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

for both the drag link and tie rod? Granted I haven't measured it, but 5.5 seems really short. Either way, I can always find uses for the extra stuff. Myabe if the length is long enough I'll have enough for an spare tie rod. That sounds good to me creighton. When will you want the money?

True Hollywood Stry
    sorry thought you only meant for tie rod, tie-rod was in that 5 foot range, and my draglink(with crossover) was prolly close to 4ft i can measure when i get home.

clarke went with chevy tre's, and so his draglink is considerably smaller(2 or at the most 3ft), plus his power steering gear box is mounted inside the frame where as mine is outboard of the frame.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

okay, that sounds right then. Had me really confused for a minute cause even my little narrow toy axles needed nearly 8 ft of stuff

I actually need some tubing for steering as well, but I think that 1.5" might be a little large.

I'm thinking I need some 1.25 x .250, they carry that Creighton?

True Hollywood Stry
    steering is not something you want to go small on, plus most people go with 1.5 that cause it is the norm so the inserts are cheaper for it. With 1.25 you would prolly not have enough room for an insert, and also may not have enough room to just tap the tube and it be strong enough.

yeah, get the 1.5 and some inserts. Perhaps we can get a group order on them together as well. The nice thing with the 1.5 is you can sleeve it with some of the other DOM we're getting if you need the thickness and have the room for it

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    steering is not something you want to go small on, plus most people go with 1.5 that cause it is the norm so the inserts are cheaper for it. With 1.25 you would prolly not have enough room for an insert, and also may not have enough room to just tap the tube and it be strong enough.
    fj80 ends fit perfectly in 1.25x.250 tubing with a tap, but you're right, it might be wise to have other options, even if i do end up with the fj80 tres.

have you priced the cost of that tap. I'm betting after the cost of the tap and tubin, you would be better off buying it from a vendor ready made. And since you running a d44 anyway, why not run 1 ton TREs or hiems?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    have you priced the cost of that tap. I'm betting after the cost of the tap and tubin, you would be better off buying it from a vendor ready made. And since you running a d44 anyway, why not run 1 ton TREs or hiems?
    FJ-80 tre's are "1 ton". I'm not going heim, since I've bought my arms, I've decided to go tre, so I need to find a new set of arms and unload the ones I have.

i don't see why a tierod would need heims. it doesn't misalign

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5